Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
United States
Hi All,

I am from India and trying hard to improve my English. I want to improve speaking as well as written. So I found this forum. Here is what I wrote yesterday to get reviewed so that I can work on my mistakes

---------------

Who hosted us better?

Recently I was invited by two of my husband’s close friends “Mr. A” and “Mr. B” on one of the long weekend. Though at one place I was invited for the dinner and at another place I was invited at evening tea snacks. It was first time for me to visit their houses. (I am not disclosing their name)

So first we went to Mr. A’s house for dinner. I was amazed to see such a sparkling house after entering their house. I was admiring Mr. A’a wife for keeping the house so span and spike. The very next moment I was bit nervous as I had two kids of age 5 and 1 ½ and I knew how these kids can make mess my house in an hour. Though they also had two kids of same age but still I was little worried. They hosted us very nicely. Soon after few minutes my daughter started eating salad and running all around into the house. While running she was spitting the pieces of the salad on the floor. Even when no one was watching her she spilled over all the water from container. But they did not feel bad and quickly cleaned the place. My kids kept making mess with toys and food. Mr. A and his wife were so nice that they keep cleaning and even we also join them to help cleaning. Its kept happening until we started to leave. We hardly get any time to talk to each other or play any game or doing something interesting together.

I reached home and was depressed to see my house so dirty as compared to their house as they also have the kids like I. My kids were already retired to the bed so I plan to watch something on the TV. As soon a I picked up the remote I realized it is not shining as Mrs A’s remote, I immediately took the wet napkins from my daughter’s diaper bag and cleaned it. While sleeping I made a big plan what to clean to the next morning. In the morning on the dinning table we both were in full praise of Mr. A’a wife.

I keep cleaning the whole house till evening next day and then we went to the Mr B’s house for the tea. Soon we entered their house it was just opposite to Mr. A’s house. For a moment I was little upset as I wanted to continue the friendship with them as they were very close to us and had the kids so my kids might get the company too.

The dinning was full mess with so many snacks items. My daughter was so delightful to see such a house. She stared thinking what should I pick and play. I knew the house is already mess so I was least worried what extra my daughter will make mess this house. My daughter stated throwing the things as usual but Mr. B and his wife assured us not to worry as can clean it after we guys leave. We had so plenty of time as we were not behind the kids. Kids were playing and we were talking with least intervention of the kids. I was amazed to see that how relax I was at somebody else place. We went just for an hour but it was last in three hours as we were enjoying I talking with out worrying about the kids. Any way if they were not so concerned about the house then why were we. When I reached home, I was feeling my house so clean and neat as compared the house of Mr B.

Since both the meeting happen at the same time I keep thinking who were the good host Mr A and Mrs A or Mr. B and Mrs B?

-------------------------------

Thanks a lot for your efforts in advance.

Warm Regards,
Gauri

Last edited:

gauri_agr

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
United States
thanks a lot. I can't believe that some one can review my english so patiently. I got a hope to improve my written english. I will work on all the comments and will get back to you if have any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.