[Vocabulary] Word for "arrived by streaming"?

• Thread starter a.alex
  • Start date
  • Views : 1,925
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

a.alex

?Single words for the meaning:
Meaning: "Here, by streaming, in this place these things have already arrived. They are present here since after they have been completed by streaming. This is not a place exclusively filled with downloaded objects, but an inbox that I also put things related to download into."

Like:
Came: not plural enough; sounds too much like "this thing just came"; doesn't imply it came in pieces, consecutively, over time, with a bang at finish. It misses a D at the end to carry the right meaning by sensation.

Arrived: many things can arrive, trains arrive, trains arrive in stations, separated in wagons, things in post offices, dad at home; when you say arrived, a place springs in mind. So it has places And the objects that arrive. But misses consecutivity in time.

Please give me a bunch of suggestions.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
?Single words for the meaning:
Meaning: "Here, by streaming, in this place these things have already arrived. They are present here since after they have been completed by streaming. This is not a place exclusively filled with downloaded objects, but an inbox that I also put things related to download into."

Like:
Came: not plural enough; sounds too much like "this thing just came"; doesn't imply it came in pieces, consecutively, over time, with a bang at finish. It misses a D at the end to carry the right meaning by sensation.

Arrived: many things can arrive, trains arrive, trains arrive in stations, separated in wagons, things in post offices, dad at home; when you say arrived, a place springs in mind. So it has places And the objects that arrive. But misses consecutivity in time.

Please give me a bunch of suggestions.
Streamed.
How important is it that this title be comprehensively descriptive, unambiguous, and of only one word?

Last edited:

a.alex

Member Type
Student or Learner
To Raymott:
How important is it that this title be comprehensibly descriptive, unambiguous, and of only one word?

For personal use. As important as I care. 100% of each, minus unambiguity, I don't care for all the implications of this one, you search too deep. Are there so many choices? Give them to me in a stream.
One important thing is to have the name say: "Here is quiet, things are already done, finished. Come in."

Well, "Streamed" should be bettered. Lacks "thump!". You think at the time streamers and the stream of fate. At directing with a rope. At streaming water through a hose to the plants. You're more at the sending end than receiving. It happens without being done, finished. S-t-r, e-a--m, ed. Boring. Descriptive and dry, unengaging. Water is streamed, and it never finishes; rivers never dry up or come to something with a bang, the taps just get choked with levers. Streamed can mean it is still being streamed as we speak. Streamed live.

I don't care for what the word is, I want a flow of letters and sounds and sense that delivers the right sensation, like dancing.

mmasny

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
I don't have the word. I just can't help saying that I love the thread.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
How about "Fred"?

Status