Status
Not open for further replies.

phissen

Member Type
Student or Learner
Interviewer (I)Guide (G)

Are bolded verbs - correct?

I: Do you like your job?
G: Oh, eys. I love it. I enjoy meeting new people.
I: What are you thinking of the tourists who come to Nepal?
G: Some of them don't know much about mountains and want to see as much as possible. Right now, I am working for a group of Austrian trekkers. They understand all about trekking and I'm sure they enjoy themselves. That's great because it means that the trek is good fun for me, too.
I: How the tourists differs from local people?
G: Well, most of them smell funny, not like us. Really! They eat different food and don't dress like us. My Austrians, for example, drink coffee for breakfast - it doesn't taste too good to me but they love it.

Thank you very much.

euncu

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
Interviewer (I)Guide (G)

1) Are the bolded words verbs?
2) Are the bolded words correct?
3) Are the bolded verbs the main verbs of the sentences?

I'm answering according to 1.

I: What are you thinking of the tourists who come to Nepal?
G: Some of them don't know much about mountains and want to see as much as possible. Right now, I am working for a group of Austrian trekkers. They understand all about trekking and I'm sure they enjoy themselves. That's great because it meansthat the trek is good fun (to be fun)for me, too.
I: How the tourists differs from local people?
G: Well, most of them smell funny, not like us. Really! They eat different food and don't dress like us. My Austrians, for example, drink coffee for breakfast - it doesn't taste too good to me but they love it.

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Interviewer (I)Guide (G)

I: What do you think of the tourists who come to Nepal?
G: Some of them don't know much about mountains and want to see as much as possible. Right now, I am working for a group of Austrian trekkers. They understand all about trekking and I'm sure they enjoy themselves. That's great because it means that the trek is good fun for me, too.
I: How do the tourists differs from local people?

Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.