Member Type
Other
Native Language
Japanese
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Japan
Are there any suitable adjectives that I can use before "letter" in the following sentence to add the meaning that each letter was different in content?

1. "We sent a letter each to our customers."

Similarly, are there any suitable adjectives that I can use before "book" or "representative" in the following sentences to add the meaning that these books are different from one another or the representatives are different from one another?

2. I sent a book each to Tom and Bill.
3. The company sent a representative each to its customers.

Last edited:

TheParser

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Are there any suitable adjectives that I can use before "letter" in the following sentence to add the meaning that each letter was different in content?

1. "We sent a letter each to our customers."

Similarly, are there any suitable adjectives that I can use before "book" or "representative" in the following sentences to add the meaning that these books are different from one another or the representatives are different from one another?

2. I sent a book each to Tom and Bill.
3. The company sent a representative each to its customers.
***NOT A TEACHER***Maybe: (1) We sent a personalized letter each to our customers. (2) I sent a distinct book each to Tom and Bill.

sarat_106

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Oriya
Home Country
India
Current Location
India

1. "We sent a personal letter to each of our customers
."

2. I sent a dissimilar book each to Tom and Bill.

3. The company sent a separate representative to each of its customers.

You can try these words. May be better suggections may come from others.

Snappy

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Japanese
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Japan
You can try these words. May be better suggections may come from others.

Thank you.

Are these adjectives interchangeable or is there an interchangeable adjective that I can use in those cases?

For example, can I replace "pesonal," "dissimilar," and "separate" with the adjective "different" or "individual" as follows?:

1. We sent a different (or an individual) letter to each of our customers.
2. I sent a different (or an individual) book each to Tom and Bill.
3. The company sent a different (or an individual) representative to each of its customers.

sarat_106

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Oriya
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Thank you.

Are these adjectives interchangeable or is there an interchangeable adjective that I can use in those cases?

For example, can I replace "pesonal," "dissimilar," and "separate" with the adjective "different" or "individual" as follows?:

3. The company sent a different (or an individual) representative to each of its customers.

I think ‘different’ can go with 2 and 3 but not with 1. I would consider the suggestion by Theparser as the best for 1. ‘Individual’ may mean different but it is usually used in relation to single, separate person or thing; as:
We deal with each case on an individual basis.

euncu

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
Where are our respectivists?

TheParser

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Thank you.

***NOT A TEACHER***How about: We sent an individually tailored/worded letter to each of our customers. How about: We sent a customized letter to each of our customers. (customized = suited to a particular individual.)

Status
Not open for further replies.