Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Qatar
Current Location
United States
[FONT="]Learning something new is not really easy for me especially when it involves multi-tasking and yelling, but I did learn and now I can drive a stick-shift. Learning to drive a stick-shift is very different from learning to drive an automatic. Before you should get into a manual car there are some important parts that you should know about. First thing you should do is identify the pedals and the first thing you will notice is there are three pedals and not two. From the left side the first one is the clutch, then the brake and finally the gas pedal. A manual car should always have its e-brake up and it should be in neutral. Now you should look at the gear box depending on the car it should either be a five-speed or a six-speed. The gear box should look something like this: [/FONT](an image of a gear box is going to be here)
[FONT="]
[/FONT]
[FONT="]
[/FONT]
[FONT="]Now we are going to start the car. Press the e-brake down and make sure the car is in neutral. In order to start the car you have to push the clutch all the way in and then turn the ignition on. The clutch is a very important part is learning stick-shift, it starts the car, slows the car, allows you to advance gears so it is very important you get comfortable with the clutch. Now let move on to the gear box it is also very important there are various type of styles. I learned how to drive a five speed so that’s what I will be using. The car should always be in neutral, it is located in the middle and from here you would move the gears. The first gear is located at the all the way left. From first if you push straight down you would be in second gear. To go to third gear you would move second gear to the middle and right then up. For fourth gear just like from first to second you would just come straight down and now you would be in fourth gear. From fourth gear you would go up middle and right then up and this is the fifth gear. From fifth if you came straight down you would be in reverse to move the car backwards.[/FONT]

[FONT="]Now to hardest part of learning a manual car is moving the car from a full stop. This is something that we never have to think about in an automatic car. Put it in drive and you are good to go but in a manual car it is much more difficult. Press the clutch on the left all the way down and move the car from neutral zone to first gear. When the car is first gear slowly began to release the clutch and you should hear your engine slowing down and now you would want to give the engine some gas. This is more of a balance thing while you are giving the engine gas, you must also release the clutch. Now the car will start moving and in the next paragraph I will teach you how to change gears while the car is moving.[/FONT]

Last edited:

Ks2010

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Qatar
Current Location
United States
Ty very much i will repost the essay for another editing my teacher told me to add some personal information in their

Status
Not open for further replies.