Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Palestinian Territory
Current Location
Germany
I have applied for a position and received an email that someone X wants to call me. he asked me about suitable time for calling.

How could I write an email to him giving him the suitable time (days and hours), suitable alternatives, and the telephone number.

Thanks

Abuyumna

Through my searching for a job, I got an email from a person (a company where I applied for a position). He expressed that my background is very interseting to him and he would like to know when it would be possible to call me. I wrote this email:
*** The email I prepared ***

Dear Dr. XYZ,
I am very glad to read your email, and it will be my pleasure to receive a call from you at your convenience. A good time for me would be tomorrow (Monday 01.02.2010) at 11:00 a.m.

At this time you can reach me by phone at xxxxxxxxxxxxx. My mobile number is also yyyyyyyyyyyyy.
If this time is not suitable for you, please let me know.
Thank you in advance

*** The end of my email ***

Please could you edit and correct this email.

Thanks

Sincerely yours,

Dear Teacher,

I have received an Email for a university in which the professor invite me, I have applied for a research position there and after a telephone discussion with him, to his department.

I have formulated the following email as an acceptance email for is invitation email. Could you please correct this email?

The email is:
Dear Dr. XYZ,

Thank you very much for the invitation. I accept the invitation and will come on Tuesday February 9th 2010 at 15:00. I hope that this will be a successful start.
(this time was fixed by the professor in his invitation email)

Is there any specific program? Should I prepare any type of presentation about a certain topic of research (like my PhD thesis)? I would very grateful if you provide me with any type of arrangement that I have to prepare for.

I will visit you under the address:

Department of
ABC University
Street
0000 City

Please advice me in case of that the above-mentioned address is not the correct one.

Again, thank you very much for the invitation

Sincerely yours
TRY

Last edited by a moderator:

Anglika

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Other
Re: Please help me

Dear Dr. XYZ,
I
[STRIKE]am[/STRIKE] was very glad to [STRIKE]read [/STRIKE] receive your email, and it will be my pleasure to receive a call from you at your convenience. A good time for me would be tomorrow (Monday 01.02.2010) [for clarity write 1st Feb]]. at 11:00 a.m. At this time you can reach me by phone on my mobile - [STRIKE]number is also[/STRIKE] yyyyyyyyyyyyy.

If this time is not suitable for you, please let me know by email what day and time would be best for you.

[STRIKE]Thank you in advance[/STRIKE]
Yours sincerely,

xxxxx

euncu

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
Re: Please help me

Dear Dr. XYZ,
I am very glad to read your email, and it will be my pleasure to receive a call from you at your convenience.

Take it easy! This way you only get a lower wage than they planned to offer at first.

PS: You may not like to risk such an offer, so , this is just my humble opinion.

rlfwood

Member Type
English Teacher
I would replace "suitable" with "convenient": "If this time is not convenient for you, ..."

Status
Not open for further replies.