[Essay] Palestine & Palestinians related critical discourse analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

florrrentina

Member Type
Student or Learner
Hello everybody! I'm new on this website so I'm not sure if I'm at the right place ... I'm doing critical discourse analysis (CDA) for my graduation project; it is based on political discourse and especially on the situation of Palestine. I'm trying to pick out the Palestinian national and international identity from what Palestine and other officials are saying on their discourses. For that I chose the discourses of 3 important political figures: Ehud Olmert, Mahmoud Abbas and Khaled Meshaal.
I already have the theory but because I recently started being interested in CDA, I have no idea how to apply it in my discourses and that is why I need practical examples. I'm using the following concepts: discourse analysis, critical discourse analysis, image schema, conceptual metaphors, social actors, social actions, identity construction, argumentative strategies, figures of speech and so forth.

Now, I need help in finding any related FREE material, analysis of a Palestine related discourse and I would be so pleased if you could help me on this matter. Thank you very much for your patience in reading my huge post.
Waiting for your reply.

Thanks,
Florree

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Which texts have you chosen?

florrrentina

Member Type
Student or Learner
Thank you for your reply.
I chose the following texts (please copy and place into browser):

** Ehud Olmert:

jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Peace/olmertstatement.html

** Mahmoud Abbas (second thread):

europarl.europa.eu/sides/getDoc.do?pubRef=-//EP//TEXT+CRE+20090204+ITEM-006+DOC+XML+V0//EN

Khaled Meshaal:

presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=81651&sectionid=3510302

Best wishes,
Florentina

ucef

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Morocco
Current Location
Morocco
Hi can you provide with your analysis of Khalid Meshaal when you analyse it. thanks and good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.