• Home Country:
      • Taiwan
      • Current Location:
      • Taiwan
    Post Thanks / Like

take to it

Dear Teachers,

I read this from The Repossession Mambo by Eric Garcia:

No one is a Bio-Repo man by birth, no matter what the commercials and billboards say. And that slogan -- "Help The World Help Themselves." Eech. They make it sound like everyone's born to play the part of a killer, but that's not so. Like any other artistic endeavor, it can be learned. Some have a natural talent, of course, and some, like Tony Park, take to it a bit too easily, but there are nuances and techniques to the job that could fill the largest of instruction manuals.

There are three expressions that confuse me:
    1. What does "eech" mean?
    2. What does "take to it too easily" mean?
    3. What does "fill" in the last sentence mean? Is this sentence saying that the insturction manuals tell you all those nuances and techniques a repo man needs to know?

TheParser is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: take to it

Quote Originally Posted by Eway View Post
    Dear Teachers,

I read this from The Repossession Mambo by Eric Garcia:

No one is a Bio-Repo man by birth, no matter what the commercials and billboards say. And that slogan -- "Help The World Help Themselves." Eech. They make it sound like everyone's born to play the part of a killer, but that's not so. Like any other artistic endeavor, it can be learned. Some have a natural talent, of course, and some, like Tony Park, take to it a bit too easily, but there are nuances and techniques to the job that could fill the largest of instruction manuals.

There are three expressions that confuse me:
    1. What does "eech" mean?
    2. What does "take to it too easily" mean?
    3. What does "fill" in the last sentence mean? Is this sentence saying that the insturction manuals tell you all those nuances and techniques a repo man needs to know?
    ***NOT A TEACHER***(1) Seems to be a sound of disgust. (2) too easily attracted to it. More attracted to this kind of work than a normal person should be. (3) There are nuances and techniques that COULD fill the largest manual that exists. But it does NOT promise that the available manuals actually tell you everything. Thank you.