Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Please tell me, is "were examined" correct in this context?

Also, the soil samples, where virus- vector nematodes were found, were examined to reveal the presence of NEPO and TOBRA viruses. For that purpose seeds of Nicotiana tabacum and Capsicum annuum were sowed in the soil of these samples and 2 month later planting material was collected and tested by ELISA- test.

rlfwood

Member Type
English Teacher
Please tell me, is "were examined" correct in this context?

Also, the soil samples, where virus- vector nematodes were found, were examined to reveal the presence of NEPO and TOBRA viruses. For that purpose seeds of Nicotiana tabacum and Capsicum annuum were sowed in the soil of these samples and 2 month later planting material was collected and tested by ELISA- test.

It is correct. I'm not sure that I completely understand the passage, but I might suggest the following alternative (if you agree that I'm interpreting the passage correctly):

Further examination of the soil samples containing the virus vector nematodes revealed the presence of NEPO and TOBRA viruses. Seeds of Nicotiana tabacum and Capsicum annuum were sowed in those samples. Two months later, the plant material was collected and subjected to ELISA testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.