• Native Language:
      • Russian
      • Home Country:
      • Russian Federation
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

were examined

Please tell me, is "were examined" correct in this context?

Also, the soil samples, where virus- vector nematodes were found, were examined to reveal the presence of NEPO and TOBRA viruses. For that purpose seeds of Nicotiana tabacum and Capsicum annuum were sowed in the soil of these samples and 2 month later planting material was collected and tested by ELISA- test.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: were examined

Quote Originally Posted by sergtab View Post
    Please tell me, is "were examined" correct in this context?

Also, the soil samples, where virus- vector nematodes were found, were examined to reveal the presence of NEPO and TOBRA viruses. For that purpose seeds of Nicotiana tabacum and Capsicum annuum were sowed in the soil of these samples and 2 month later planting material was collected and tested by ELISA- test.
    It is correct. I'm not sure that I completely understand the passage, but I might suggest the following alternative (if you agree that I'm interpreting the passage correctly):

Further examination of the soil samples containing the virus vector nematodes revealed the presence of NEPO and TOBRA viruses. Seeds of Nicotiana tabacum and Capsicum annuum were sowed in those samples. Two months later, the plant material was collected and subjected to ELISA testing.