Looking for help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophie_20

Member Type
Student or Learner
Hi everyone
I have pretty big problems with with my work for phonetics, which must be done till saturday I would be veery thankful if anyone would help me out :-?

1. Discuss practical applications of auditory phonetics (at least 3
examples).
2. Explain the concept of secondary articulation.
3. Explain why the shape of lips cannot be used in describing vowels.
4. Discuss the role of pharyngeal, nasal, and oral cavities in
articulation.

Linguist__

Member Type
Student or Learner
Hi everyone
I have pretty big problems with with my work for phonetics, which must be done till saturday I would be veery thankful if anyone would help me out :-?

1. Discuss practical applications of auditory phonetics (at least 3
examples).
2. Explain the concept of secondary articulation.
3. Explain why the shape of lips cannot be used in describing vowels.
4. Discuss the role of pharyngeal, nasal, and oral cavities in
articulation.

Those are pretty big questions. Are you completely clueless about each of them? Do you not have any phonetics books, or a library with phonetics books? Some of those questions would have whole chapters dedicated to them.

I could help with some, but it would be better to know if you are completely clueless or just need some support. I can't answer them all - the first would be person opinion, and the third I don't agree with...

Sophie_20

Member Type
Student or Learner
Those are pretty big questions. Are you completely clueless about each of them? Do you not have any phonetics books, or a library with phonetics books? Some of those questions would have whole chapters dedicated to them.

I could help with some, but it would be better to know if you are completely clueless or just need some support. I can't answer them all - the first would be person opinion, and the third I don't agree with...
I think I can do the first one on my own but generaly clueless :(

Status
Not open for further replies.