Hi! I have to write questions and amswers about labour shortage. Because it's a specific subject, I have some difficulties. Could you please correct my mistakes? Thank you for your help.
1. Why can the professional and technical careers valorisation be an effective solution to the labour shortage?
By showing the interesting side of these jobs, authorities inform people about some unknown careers which are the most concerned with labour shortage. They attract people through these market sectors to fill the several vacant jobs.
2. Which actors (minimum of two) take part of the present labour’s solution?
• Educational institutions
• Federal and provincial government levels
• Development and employability organisations
3. Identify the principal market sectors (minimum of three) which will be affected by this shortage during the next five years.
• Firms in the construction
• Manufacturing sector
• Primary sector
• Transportation and communication services
4. Named and explain one major cause of the labour shortage.
• Massive baby boomers retirement: The new generation, which is going to stand in for them, is not necessary trained in the right sector and contains fewer individuals.
• Big centers attraction: Because these big cities offer a lot more interesting divertissements and bigger salaries, people are attempted to move there, what provoke a regional exodus where jobs stay unfilled.
• The unvalorisation of professional and technical careers: Because these jobs are unvalorised, people are not tempted to study in. Then, there are less trained workers available to fill this kind of jobs.
• Formation provided by educational institutions does not appropriately meet the firms’ needs (standards): Because of that fact, unless there are workers available to fill a job, they don’t have the right skills. Then, the labour market’s needs are not filled and the shortage remains significant.
5. Do you think that a higher unemployment rate can counter the labour shortage? Why?
No, this is not a properly issue to solve this problem because the unemployed workers do not necessary have the right skills to meet the market’s demands relatively to the problematic sectors.
6. How can we encourage young people (the ones under thirty) to establish themselves in regions in order to work there?
• An exceptional quality of life
• Some good working conditions
• A competitive salary
• Interesting educational programs to attract young people there
• Easiness services access
7. Which impacts could possibly have labour shortage for small companies?
This labour shortage will bring some unfilled jobs which can mean, for a small business, a poorer standard of service, unfilled orders, losing clients or not developing new products.
8. a) Named the two more valued qualities by employers.
• Willingness to learn
• Willingness to stay at the firm
b) Why are these qualities so important for employers?
Unless employees don’t have the right skills to work in their firm, they are disposed to learn and to train themselves in order to improve. So, after a certain among of time, they will be trained especially for their jobs and they will be more productive or efficient.
9. Which are both factors that influence the experience level requests by companies?
The nature and the complexity of the activity performed are the two principal factors. Therefore, the level of experience required depends a great deal on the industry.
10. Which are the labour shortage’s possible consequences (minimum of two)?
• The companies’ production would be lower because of the lack of employees.
• Some businesses are going to close their doors because they will not be profitable (because of higher salaries pay to the employees in order to keep them and sales drop)
• To attract employees, companies would have to raise their offered salaries, what is going to affect the price of their services or products. Then, they would not be as competitive as they were in the labour market.
Thank you. You're right. Can I improve other things?
Bulleted items are supposed to be indented.
Much of the writing needs to be revised because the meaning is unclear.