TESOL Masters

Status
Not open for further replies.

miss_igirisu

Member Type
English Teacher
Hi everyone,

I'm happily teaching in Japan in a junior high school right now (JET Programme) but once I've finished up here I'd like to get my TESOL masters (I have a 4 year degree in it already). I really want to do it abroad, so I can teach on the side and earn money whilst I am studying. I've been offered a place at a university here in Japan where I can teach at the university that I am studying at... but I'd like to go somewhere else really. I'm looking to South Korea (as I'd like to master that language too) but I'm not coming up with as much as I had expected.

Does anyone have any experience in this? Any advice? Distance learning is also not an option; I just don't have the self discipline to do that :oops:

Thanks

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I'd choose a reputable university first and foremost- there'll be time to travel anywhere you want afterwards.

miss_igirisu

Member Type
English Teacher
Are there no worth while universities in Asia though? I know that Nunan was linked to the University of Hong Kong?

miss_igirisu

Member Type
English Teacher
Ok. Since this thread died, I'd like to bump it and ask, where did you all get your masters (if you have them) and what would your advice be to someone who wants to study TESOL (or the like) masters?

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I did mine at the Institute of Education, University of London. I took it part-time so I could work, which was fine, though there were some restrictions, if I remember correctly, on the choice of courses because not everything was available in the evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.