Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: code and design

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    165
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default code and design

    Hi, I have a question, again.

    Which is the best sentence when speaking about a slogan for some webdesign company.

    A) It's all about code and design.
    B) It's all about the code and design.
    C) It's all about the code and the design.

    Thanks in advance as usual ;)

  2. #2
    bhaisahab's Avatar
    bhaisahab is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    22,563
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: code and design

    Quote Originally Posted by thx0110 View Post
    Hi, I have a question, again.

    Which is the best sentence when speaking about a slogan for some webdesign company.

    A) It's all about code and design.
    B) It's all about the code and design.
    C) It's all about the code and the design.

    Thanks in advance as usual ;)
    What do you mean by "code"?

  3. #3
    Raymott's Avatar
    Raymott is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    19,667
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: code and design

    Quote Originally Posted by thx0110 View Post
    Hi, I have a question, again.

    Which is the best sentence when speaking about a slogan for some webdesign company.

    A) It's all about code and design.
    B) It's all about the code and design.
    C) It's all about the code and the design.

    Thanks in advance as usual ;)
    I don't see how a slogan (a motto) could be all about the code and the design. A slogan is about the sound, the effect and the fit of the phrase to the concept. A logo is more about design - and maybe coding.

    But assuming you're right, B and C are possible, and maybe A depending, as bhai says, on the meaning.

  4. #4
    euncu's Avatar
    euncu is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • Turkish
      • Home Country:
      • Turkey
      • Current Location:
      • Turkey
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,307
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: code and design

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymott View Post
    I don't see how a slogan (a motto) could be all about the code and the design.
    I guess, what thx0110 means is that the company alleges to have the most skillfull coders and (the most skilfull) designers in the sector.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    165
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: code and design

    Actually, each of these sentences

    A) It's all about code and design.
    B) It's all about the code and design.
    C) It's all about the code and the design.

    could be a part of a motto/slogan/title for a company and I want to know which is grammatically correct and the best one.

    So, when I want to say that all (-> the success of your company) depends on code & design (coding of the website and the artwork, how it looks like), which will be the most correct one of these three?
    Last edited by thx0110; 18-Feb-2010 at 18:38.

  6. #6
    Raymott's Avatar
    Raymott is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    19,667
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: code and design

    Quote Originally Posted by thx0110 View Post
    Actually, each of these sentences

    A) It's all about code and design.
    B) It's all about the code and design.
    C) It's all about the code and the design.

    could be a part of a motto/slogan/title for a company and I want to know which is grammatically correct and the best one.

    So, when I want to say that all (-> the success of your company) depends on code & design (coding of the website and the artwork, how it looks like), which will be the most correct one of these three?
    One way to ask this is:

    Which of these sounds best as (for) a company slogan:

    1) A) It's all about code and design.
    ...

    My votes:
    It's all about our Coding and Design.

    Our Coding shines
    Through the final Designs!

    Our Designs explode
    From our awesome Code!

    Last edited by Raymott; 18-Feb-2010 at 20:47.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •