• Thread starter tomashusner@hotmail.com
  • Start date
  • Views : 7,360
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tomashusner@hotmail.com

Hello,

my name is Tomas and I come from the Czech Republic. I am currently working at a language school where I am supposed to make an English course which should be specialized for car rental companies. I have done it all and I have one last issue. I have to make a front-page where I should include the name of the course. Now I don't know what sounds better in English:

a) Car rental English
b) English for car rental

I don't know what is correct or at least sounds better. If you might have any better ideas how to call it, please let me know.

Thank you

Tomas

ratóncolorao

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Hello,

my name is Tomas and I come from the Czech Republic. I am currently working at a language school where I am supposed to make an English course which should be specialized for car rental companies. I have done it all and I have one last issue. I have to make a front-page where I should include the name of the course. Now I don't know what sounds better in English:

a) Car rental English

I don't know what is correct or at least sounds better. If you might have any better ideas how to call it, please let me know.

Thank you

Tomas

Neither a teacher nor a native speaker

I'd rather say: An English Course in Car Rental :roll:

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Hello,

a) Car rental English

Thank you

Tomas

Perhaps: "English for Car Rental businesses".

bananow

Member Type
Student or Learner
Thank you for your replies. What do you think about "English for Car Rental Companies" (inspired by bhaisahab)

Searching for language

Member Type
Other
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Canada
Would it not depend on whether it is supposed to be AmE or BrE?

My British guests seem to refer to a car rental agency as a "Car Hire Agency"

In Canada they are classed in the telephone directories as "Automobile rental agencies/companies."

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
You see both hire and rent used with cars. I think I'd probably use car hire as the noun and rent a car as the verb. (British English speaker)

tedtmc

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
English for Car Rental Personnels/Professionals (the target group of people rather than the companies or businesses)

Status
Not open for further replies.