[Vocabulary] How I can keep vocabulary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fakhouri

Member Type
Student or Learner
Hello teachers,
How I can kep vocabulary on my mind and learn them quackly, i have adifficult times on that and i need easier way to keeping them on my mind.

thanks,

tedtmc

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
not a teacher

Hi Fakhouri

I think you mean how to remember new words and increase your vocabulary.

One way is to remember new words is to use them. Try to practice making sentences with the new words you have learned. This will definitely help you to remember the words better.

TheParser

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hello teachers,
How I can kep vocabulary on my mind and learn them quackly, i have adifficult times on that and i need easier way to keeping them on my mind.

thanks,
***NOT A TEACHER***Fakhouri, good morning. I understand how you feel. I am studying Chinese and Spanish, and the only way I can remember words from those languages is to read, read, and read. If you don't constantly review those words, you will forget them. Read something that you find interesting in newspapers, magazines, and on the Web. Of course, if you have the opportunity, engage in English conversation as much as you can. Time is the best teacher: keep practicing and one day you'll be speaking and reading English well. Good luck.

kfredson

Member Type
Academic
Hello teachers,
How I can keep vocabulary words on my mind and learn them quickly; I have [STRIKE]adifficult times[/STRIKE] difficulty [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] with that and I need an easier way to keep[STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] them [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] in my mind (or "remember them").

thanks,

I use flash cards. It also helps to put words on the refrigerator. Best of all is to learn them within sentences. That way you are not only continually reminding yourself of the individual words but you are hearing them in the context of complete ideas. (But don't do what a person was doing when I met him on a train -- learning English from scratch by reading Shakespeare!)

I'm sure your English will improve rapidly.

Status
Not open for further replies.