A manual system versus an online system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnq

Member Type
Student or Learner
I have written a paragraph comparing the manual and the online system. I would appreciate it if someone would comment on the sentence structure and grammar of my writing.

There are many advantages of the online system over the manual system. The manual system is tedious and it is more error prone in comparison to the online system. We can handle our work much efficiently with the online system and it helps to save our time and money. The popularity of the online system is increasing day by day and most of the systems are being computerized nowadays. Now, you can buy your movie ticket through the online system, you needn't go to the several office to pay your monthly utilities bill etc. You can just login into the system and pay instantly bills thus living the hassle free life. The online system is especially useful for getting information instantly. US department of Homeland and Security is using the online system to track the status of all the foreign student. Imagine, is it possible to know the status of millions of students if there is no such online system? Definitely answer is not. Another advantage of the online system is it is not as error prone as the manual system. When people need to do the same job then they usually make mistake, which causes the problem in information representation. The online system avoids such error and makes the life easier. Our life will be really green when everything is done through computer and there is no paper work.

Thanks

euncu

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
The antonym of the word "manual" is "automatic" or "automated".So, I think you should replace the word "manual" .Honestly, with what you should replace it doesn't come to my mind right now, maybe a native-speaker would help you better.

johnq

Member Type
Student or Learner
Thank you euncu and Gillnetter for your suggestion. I was thinking to compare the computerized system and the manual system. I have modified my paragraph and I would be grateful to you if you would comment on the grammatical portion of my essay.

There are many advantages of the computerized system over the manual system. The manual system is tedious and it is more error prone. We can handle our work much efficiently with the computerized system and it helps to save our time and money. The popularity of the computerized system is increasing day by day and most of systems are being computerized nowadays. The term 'online system' is commonly used to refer the system of computer and internet and the online system has played a vital role to make our lives comfortable and convenience. Now, you can buy your movie ticket online,you can share your knowledge and get the whatever information you want through the internet, and you needn't go to several offices to pay your monthly utilities bill. These all are possible due to the advancement in the computer and internet technology. The online system is especially useful for getting information instantly. US department of Homeland and Security is using the online system called SEVIS to track the status of all the foreign student. Imagine, is it possible to know the status of millions of students if there is no such a system? Definitely answer is not. Another advantage of the computerized system is it is not as error prone as the manual system. When people need to do the same job repeatedly then they usually make mistake, which causes the problem in information representation. The computerized system avoids such error and makes the life easier. Our lives will be really green when everything is done through computer and there is no paper work.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.