Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
United States
Hi All,

I love this forum. This is really helping me to improve. This is my second post for your valuable inputs for my English. Thanks in advanced..

------------------
Honesty is hard but dishonesty is disease

I am sure it would have happened with you also several times as it had happened with me last weekend. I and my husband planed to go to Laxmi temple with our two children for relaxation inspite of our very busy schedule these days. The temple was quite far around 30 miles from my place. We headed around 11am. We all were very happy and excited as it was a very nice and warm weather after a long time this winter. We worshiped the God. Luckily some cultural activities were also scheduled that time. So we also enjoyed the Indian music, dramas and dances performed by Indian children. More than any thing else we all enjoyed the delicious prasadam after all these events in the temple. We all were half stuffed with that prasadam. Still we needed to go for lunch in a nearby Indian restaurant according to that day agenda. On the front door it, we both stuck to the notice for special buffet offer for that day. We both had sparks in our eyes and water in the mouth. This is because of the enjoyment of unlimited food for a fixed amount of money in buffet. But it was costing 15 $ per person. We both quickly calculated $45 for three buffets as my daughter was too little for the buffet (she was just 15 month old). It was way high for our budget. We were not very hungry also. We discussed with each other and made a wonderful plan of buying one buffet for my husband and one small snack for me and one small snack for my son. That was costing us $33(one buffet $15 for my husband and one dish of $8 for me and one dish of $10 for my son) That’s way no one in the restaurant management might be able to make out that we were intending to enjoy from one buffet plate. So as per plan my husband started eating his buffet plate. I started to pretend as if I was eating my snack plate only. I tasted all different varieties of food from my husband’s plate alongside. My son was busy with his plate and was not aware of this fact so I and husband took the responsibility of feeding him carefully from my husband’s buffet plate when no one around. So we both were focused on quantity of food of taking in as it was unlimited for my husband. We finished the lunch and got into the car. While wearing the smile and tying my seat belt I chat with my husband that rather than enjoying the different variety of food we all both were busy to stuff our stomach. I also made a general statement that I thought we should not do it. My husband convinced me immediately that no we paid 32$ and that was 2 and half buffet amount so the restaurant were not in loss. He also told me the fact that our 5 year old son could not eat as mush we as an adult. I sighed and said yeah. After a while I requested my husband to get down for shopping in market basket as it was on the way to home. He replied no instantly as he was over stuffed and was about to vomit. I proudly laughed at him and suggested that you should not eat so much. I also told him that I had just eaten just the right amount of food. ..not like you kept stuffing the unlimited food. He laughed at himself as nothing he could do. We reached home and did nothing as my husband’s urge to vomit had been worst by that time. As usual I was laughing proudly while taking care of him though I also started a little pain in my stomach. It kept increasing and Infect I could not sleep the whole night. In the night we both were in the toilet alternatively and laughing at each other. The next day at the breakfast table I realized that my digestion was completely stopped since yesterday’s lunch. Though I had not eaten much but I realized that I was under stress of stealing the food from my husband’s place in public while eating in my own plate. This stressed might had made my digestion disturbed inspite of eating less. If we would have accepted that fact that 3 buffet were out of our pocket, we would have made intelligent decision of eating 2-3 small snack which would be more than sufficient for our half stuffed stomach and it would had cost use much lesser than we ended up paying that too with the over night stomach pain.

----------------

Thanks & Regards
Gauri

gauri_agr

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
United States
Re: Please edit the article--please help

Hi all,

I have posted this long back. I don't know why no one edited it. Is it too long? Please help me improving.

Warm Regards
Gauri

susiedqq

Key Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Yes, it is too long.

Go back, re-read it, and review it yourself. Remove any unnecessary sentences. Then break it into paragraphs.

Re-post it again and someone may help you.

gauri_agr

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
United States
thanks a lot, I really appreciate the reply..I will do that and post it again...

Warm Regards
Gauri

Status
Not open for further replies.