Tell me please, why there is not infinitive or ending "s" with "develop"?
"It is imperative that a business develop a reliable accounting system to capture and summarize its voluminous transaction data."
diver, good morning.
(1) It is imperative/ important/ necessary/ my wish/ my demand that a business DEVELOP/START/BEGIN....
(2) This is the so-called subjunctive.
(3) It is just an idea in the speaker's mind.
(4) It is not reality -- yet.
(5) Tom comeS to school every day at 7 o'clock. = reality.
(6) It is imperative (my order) that Tom come to school every day at 7 o'clock. Maybe he will obey me or maybe he won't.
Thank you. (P.S. Of course, some native speakers do not always use the subjunctive when they should.)