statement for university

Status
Not open for further replies.

kromagg

Member Type
Student or Learner
pls can someone help me check my gramma and any posible mistakes in my statemnet for univeristy? thx in advance;

Edmund Lockard said: "Every Contact Leaves a Trace.” My life taugh me how right he was.
My father died in a car accident, when I was tree. Offender escaped. However later he was charged and jailed, as police found his blood around accident area. I was so impressed after my mother told me about it. Even there were no witnessed, still a lot of evidence could be found.
Since then I began interesting in forensic science, I have read regularly detective books and magazines such as ‘DD detektyw’, ‘Detektyw’ or ‘Sherlock Holmes’ and surfing websites for news about new techniques to solve crimes. I found enjoy myself doing mathematical tasks and logical puzzle. I am part of internet based group ‘Fundacja Nautilus’, collecting and publishing science and sci-fi news. I attended the competition in mathematical contests ‘KANGUR’ during elementary school, with success on regional level. I was member of societies in Mathematical and Geography in high school. We spend time talking about logical problems from mathematical and philosophy background. I like especially logical paradoxes, where on first sight everything looks correct, and you have to think to find why it cannot be true.
During my army service in Poland for 2 years I learned how to work as a team member, how to find traces and how to put clues together (broken brunch, or unnatural ground mound for example). As a security guard in bank I had to make decisions and solve problems by my own, as I was responsible for dealing with any suspicious behaviour, and spotting potentially dangerous items. Either army or security service, or working in nursing homes obtain me to keep confidentiality, and require great attention to detail. If client had a stroke or fell, I have to act fast, professional and carefully, as usually in next 10 minutes his life depends on it. This is great lesson how to stay calm and work under pressure.
I love Mathematics, which has taught to be logical in my thinking and precise in my actions. I believe that if you don’t keep improve yourself, you will go backward. This is why I am doing private training of Microsoft course C# programming for web applications, I achieved already MCP and MCDST certificates. I learned HTML and FLASH (I made my mini-game 4 days after I start to learn). Since September I am planning to start my Chinese language class, I can speak English and Russian already, and knowing tree biggest languages will be great opportunity. And now, when I saved enough money to support myself, I can change my full time job on part time, and start study in higher education. It will give me the chance to find a job that I will enjoy doing, and that will give me the opportunity for better life for me and my future family. I like learn new things and I am trying my best whatever I’m doing.
In my free time I am working on ‘perpetuum mobile’ project. I like also play football, mah-jong, chess or poker with friends or just do Sudoku. It keeps my mind open and helps improve my logical skills. I realise get higher degree means a lot of work, but I think if you really want something, nothing is impossible.
My favourite author Jules Verne once wrote: ‘if human can think about something, it means it can be done’.

Risssa

Member Type
English Teacher
pls can someone help me check my gramma and any posible mistakes in my statemnet for univeristy? thx in advance;

Edmund Lockard said: "Every Contact Leaves a Trace.” My life taugh me how right he was.
My father died in a car accident, when I was tree. Offender escaped. However later he was charged and jailed, as police found his blood around accident area. I was so impressed after my mother told me about it. Even there were no witnessed, still a lot of evidence could be found.
Since then I began interesting in forensic science, I have read regularly detective books and magazines such as ‘DD detektyw’, ‘Detektyw’ or ‘Sherlock Holmes’ and surfing websites for news about new techniques to solve crimes. I found enjoy myself doing mathematical tasks and logical puzzle. I am part of internet based group ‘Fundacja Nautilus’, collecting and publishing science and sci-fi news. I attended the competition in mathematical contests ‘KANGUR’ during elementary school, with success on regional level. I was member of societies in Mathematical and Geography in high school. We spend time talking about logical problems from mathematical and philosophy background. I like especially logical paradoxes, where on first sight everything looks correct, and you have to think to find why it cannot be true.
During my army service in Poland for 2 years I learned how to work as a team member, how to find traces and how to put clues together (broken brunch, or unnatural ground mound for example). As a security guard in bank I had to make decisions and solve problems by my own, as I was responsible for dealing with any suspicious behaviour, and spotting potentially dangerous items. Either army or security service, or working in nursing homes obtain me to keep confidentiality, and require great attention to detail. If client had a stroke or fell, I have to act fast, professional and carefully, as usually in next 10 minutes his life depends on it. This is great lesson how to stay calm and work under pressure.
I love Mathematics, which has taught to be logical in my thinking and precise in my actions. I believe that if you don’t keep improve yourself, you will go backward. This is why I am doing private training of Microsoft course C# programming for web applications, I achieved already MCP and MCDST certificates. I learned HTML and FLASH (I made my mini-game 4 days after I start to learn). Since September I am planning to start my Chinese language class, I can speak English and Russian already, and knowing tree biggest languages will be great opportunity. And now, when I saved enough money to support myself, I can change my full time job on part time, and start study in higher education. It will give me the chance to find a job that I will enjoy doing, and that will give me the opportunity for better life for me and my future family. I like learn new things and I am trying my best whatever I’m doing.
In my free time I am working on ‘perpetuum mobile’ project. I like also play football, mah-jong, chess or poker with friends or just do Sudoku. It keeps my mind open and helps improve my logical skills. I realise get higher degree means a lot of work, but I think if you really want something, nothing is impossible.
My favourite author Jules Verne once wrote: ‘if human can think about something, it means it can be done’.

"Where there is a will, there is a way"

kromagg

Member Type
Student or Learner
thank you. is it better now?

Edmund Lockard said: "Every Contact Leaves a Trace.” Since a very young age I learned how right he was.
My father died in a car accident, when I was three. The offender escaped however later he was charged and jailed, as police found his blood around the accident area. I was so impressed after my mother told me this story. Even though no witnesses were present, still a lot of evidence could be found.

Since then I have been interested in forensic science. I regularly read detective books and magazines such as ‘DD detektyw’, ‘Detektyw’ or ‘Sherlock Holmes’ and surfing websites for news about new techniques invented to solve crimes. I enjoy mathematical tasks and logical puzzles. I am a member of internet based group ‘Fundacja Nautilus’ we collect and publish news from science and sci-fi journals. I attended the competition in mathematical contests ‘KANGUR’ during elementary school, with some success at the regional levels. I was a member of Geographical and Mathematical clubs in high school. Math club hours we used to spent talking about logical problems from mathematical and philosophy background. I especially enjoyed logical paradoxes, where on first sight everything looks correct, and you have to think, in order to find out why it cannot be true.

During my 2 years army service in Poland I learned how to work as a team member, how to find traces and how to put clues together (broken branch, or unnatural ground mound for example). As a security guard in the bank I had to make decisions and solve problems on my own. I was responsible for dealing with any suspicious behaviours and spot potentially dangerous items. With the army, security service, or working in nursing homes it requires me to keep confidentiality, and maintain great attention to detail. For example: If the client had a stroke or fell, I have to act fast, professionally and carefully, as usually in the next few minutes his life depends on it. This is a great lesson how to stay calm and work under pressure.

I love Mathematics, which has taught me to be logical in my thinking and precise in my actions. I believe that if you don’t keep improving yourself, you will go backward.This is why I am doing private training of Microsoft course C# programming for web applications, I achieved already MCP and MCDST certificates. I learned HTML and FLASH (my mini-game was made four days after I started to learn). Since September I plan to start my Chinese language class, I can speak English and Russian already, and knowing three languages from biggest countries will be a great opportunity. I have saved enough money to support myself and I can now change my job from full time to part time and start studying in higher education. It will give me the chance to find a job that I will enjoy doing, and that will give me the opportunity for a better life for me and my future family. I like to learn new things and I am trying my best in whatever I’m doing. In my free time I am working on ‘perpetuum mobile’ project. I also like playing football, mah-jong, chess or poker with friends or just do Sudoku. It keeps my mind open and helps improve my logical skills.

I realise that to get a higher degree means a lot of work, but I think if you really want something, nothing is impossible. My favourite author - Jules Verne once wrote: ‘If human can imagine something, it means it can be done’. And I imagine myself graduating forensic science study..

Last edited:

kromagg

Member Type
Student or Learner
:-Dthank you, i wasnt good in writing even in my language (Polish)
:-oI'm kinda 'mathematic brain' and I cannot get a/the things.. (i know when a and when an but is it before every noun or just some?)

kromagg

Member Type
Student or Learner
it may sound stupid but i actually get this.. thank you very much, you explain it in such a stright way, just like I like it :lol: I wish my teacher told me about this..

Jimwalter

Member Type
Student or Learner
Are you writing for your custom assignment? You should visit first those online resources that provide tips on how to write an essay. You will get information on the university essay format and referencing styles.

Status
Not open for further replies.