What is the meaning of the word REFISH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alevtina

Member Type
Other

Please, tell me if it is OK or NOT to have a brand name REFISH of the fish product. I am confused, because the prefix RE- means something remade, reproduced. Will not it be unpeasant to eat fish with the brand ReFish? I urgently need the oppinion of native English speaker or better from linguist.Thank you!;-)

BobK

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
'remade, reproduced'... or, in the field of food, reconstituted. It doesn't sound like a good brand name to me.

b

christopher mark kohler

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
China
Go fishing again in the same place. No no no, just kidding, but maybe now it will become such a new word. I have never heard of this word, which doesn't mean much. Please show a sentence. Maybe it was meant to be refresh.

christopher mark kohler

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
China
My apologies Alvtina because i asked you to show a sentence. If fact I did not even notice your first post because there is a google ad jammed between post 1 and post 2.

You can call a brand whatever you want, for example "sdlkfj##@%%$$&&referfish". I wouldn't spend my hard earned money on a Refish product.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Please, tell me if it is OK or NOT to have a brand name REFISH of the fish product. I am confused, because the prefix RE- means something remade, reproduced. Will not it be unpeasant to eat fish with the brand ReFish? I urgently need the oppinion of native English speaker or better from linguist.Thank you!;-)
ReeFish would be better, but if your fish aren't caught on a reef it might be false advertising.

I think calling ReFish a bad name is a bunch of cods, but I'm not going to carp about it. If you're floundering for a name, perhaps you could post again.

By the way, what is the actual product?

christopher mark kohler

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
China
Raymott is a shark! (very good at what he does). But it all sounds pretty fishy to me, I think i better head to the WC bring a brown trout to life.

Alevtina

Member Type
Other
ReeFish would be better, but if your fish aren't caught on a reef it might be false advertising.

I think calling ReFish a bad name is a bunch of cods, but I'm not going to carp about it. If you're floundering for a name, perhaps you could post again.

By the way, what is the actual product?

Thanks for Your good advices and oppinion!:up: Now I confident that the brand ReFish is not good..., but the idea of ReeFish is just great!!!;-) Actually the product is Dry Salmon Fillet Slices (Snacks).

Status
Not open for further replies.