Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    richelle is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Tagalog
      • Home Country:
      • Philippines
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Post Thanks / Like

    Post Pronunciation term

    What do you call the additional sound that Koreans say after words that end in consonant sound?

    ex. Judge, they say /jud gie/
    breakfast, they say /brek fas tu/

    Thank you.

  2. #2
    bds51 is offline Junior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Germany
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Pronunciation term

    Hello Richelle,
    This could be called either 'epenthesis' or 'intrusion' and I'd lean toward intrusion for this Korean habit.

Similar Threads

  1. Pronunciation of the sound "ae"
    By yangmuye in forum Pronunciation and Phonetics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 22-Oct-2009, 16:32
  2. The best 5 websites to practice pronunciation
    By joshdowning in forum Pronunciation and Phonetics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-May-2009, 15:47
  3. The Pronunciation Rules and The Writing System
    By M.Mozaffary in forum Pronunciation and Phonetics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-Mar-2009, 23:27
  4. standard british pronunciation
    By fobos3 in forum Pronunciation and Phonetics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 21-Aug-2008, 17:22
  5. In his first term or At its(his) first term?
    By Falcon in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-Nov-2006, 19:42

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts