[Grammar] Can someone please my correct my grammer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alextee

Member Type
Student or Learner
A fictional character I grew up admiring and idolizing is the man with the “S” on his chest, Superman.* Superman is an American all-time legendary superhero that exist throughout our lives. Some of Superman’s characteristics are: being able to fly, courageous, sharp-witted, and having supernatural abilities. Superman act of heroism is: battling villains to make it a better place for humankind to live in. Superman has the qualities I tried to emulate such as having: incredible strength, being courageous, and being heroic.* Till this day, I have a superman shirt with the letter “S” on it.*

Heroes exists in everyone mind subconsciously, it eventually become a person’s alternative personality . Heroes enable people a sense of hope or belief to conquer anything that hinders our progress. Their courage, achievements, and notable qualities helps them to make a difference. Many famous, and notable heroes are around the world, but there many you should keep in mind that aren’t known, or recognized, those people we whom we refer to as, “unsung heroes.” These men and women makes a profound difference in their abilities to help others.* These people don’t possess supernatural powers, or made notable achievements.These people are amongst us everyday, they’re just your average people such as: teachers, mentors, doctors, and policeman.* Many of these men and women makes our world a better place to live in. Even the simplest task can be heroic. *

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
A fictional character I grew up admiring and idolizing is the man with the “S” on his chest, Superman.*
If you want to use asterisks or subtitles, the reference goes at the bottom of the page, or at the end of the whole passage. And you shouldn't use two of the same signs on the same page - you use footnotes, a superscripted 1, 2, 3... or additional characters, as I've done, or different characters, [FONT=&quot]†[/FONT][FONT=&quot] ‡[/FONT]. Look in a few books.

Superman is an [STRIKE]American[/STRIKE] all-time legendary American superhero that exists throughout our lives. Some of Superman’s characteristics are: being able to fly, courageous, sharp-witted, and having supernatural abilities.
Lists following a colon should generally be in the same part of speech, eg. "characteristics are: being able to fly, being courageous and sharp-witted, and having supernatural abilities."
Superman's acts of heroism [STRIKE]is:[/STRIKE] involve battling villains to make it a better place for humankind to live in.
Don't use a colon if you don't have a list.
Superman has the qualities I tried to emulate such as having: incredible strength, being courageous, and being heroic.
As above. Also, you're overdoing this colon and list style.

From here down you could check the grammar that I've marked.

Heroes exists in everyone mind subconsciously, it eventually become a person’s alternative personality . Heroes enable people a sense of hope or belief to conquer anything that hinders our progress. Their courage, achievements, and notable qualities helps them to make a difference. Many famous, and notable heroes are around the world, but there many you should keep in mind that aren’t known, or recognized, those people we whom we refer to as, “unsung heroes.” These men and women makes a profound difference in their abilities to help others.** These people don’t possess supernatural powers, or made notable achievements.These people are amongst us everyday, they’re just your average people such as: teachers, mentors, doctors, and policeman.

* Till this day, I have a superman shirt with the letter “S” on it
** Many of these men and women makes our world a better place to live in. Even the simplest task can be heroic.
R.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
What are some ways I can improvE my writing?
Read a lot. Read material that is written in good English.
That's the best way.

Status
Not open for further replies.