Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I'm not sure about the choice between the two words when price is concerned. That is, shall I say the price in the stock market has revived or recovered? Thank you.

kfredson

Member Type
Academic
I'm not sure about the choice between the two words when price is concerned. That is, shall I say the price in the stock market has revived or recovered? Thank you.

Greetings, choice22. I hope you will find the forum useful. Normally I would say that "stock prices" have recovered, or even that "the stock market" has recovered from its lows. If you use "revived" it tends to mean that there has been very little activity but that the trading has now picked up again; thus, you might say the "stock trading has revived."

I hope that this is helpful -- and that your stock market never needs recovering.

chance22

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Greetings, choice22. I hope you will find the forum useful. Normally I would say that "stock prices" have recovered, or even that "the stock market" has recovered from its lows. If you use "revived" it tends to mean that there has been very little activity but that the trading has now picked up again; thus, you might say the "stock trading has revived."

I hope that this is helpful -- and that your stock market never needs recovering.

Thank you very much for the help. It seems the more I learn English, the more questions I have. Accidentally I found this forum, and feel fortunate to find so many teachers helping me out of the puzzle. This is really very helpful!

kfredson

Member Type
Academic
Thank you very much for the help. It seems the more I learn English, the more questions I have. Accidentally I found this forum, and feel fortunate to find so many teachers helping me out of the puzzle. This is really very helpful!

I hope that you will keep posting and that you will find the information useful. If only my brain were a little younger I would make the effort to learn Chinese! Thank you for making the effort to learn our language.

Status
Not open for further replies.