how to frame question for this?

• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Views : 1,796
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

"I am the second child to my father" How to frame question for this statement?

Is there is a particular word in english to mention order of birth in the family. I need that particular word. Suppose x is the word whch i am looking for, the sentence should be like "What is your x in the family?"

The French

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
French
Home Country
France
Current Location
France
"I am the second child to my father" How to frame question for this statement?

Is there is a particular word in english to mention order of birth in the family. I need that particular word. Suppose x is the word whch i am looking for, the sentence should be like "What is your x in the family?"

Hello, (I am not a teacher),

but I believe there is no word for what you want to say. I know there are words for the older or younger children, nonetheless I stil reckon there aren't words for the orders for the others children, maybe I'm wrong.

Cordially,

kfredson

Member Type
Academic
Hello, (I am not a teacher),

but I believe there is no word for what you want to say. I know there are words for the older or younger children, nonetheless I stil reckon there aren't words for the orders for the others children, maybe I'm wrong.

Cordially,

Yes, it is correct that there is no word for "second child." "I am my father's second child" is the best you can do.

The question you are looking for, however, might be, "What is your order of birth in your family?" You might say, "What is your place in the family?" or "What is your place among your siblings?" but that might be misconstrued.

I hope that is what you are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.