Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
Sri Lanka
Current Location
Spain
My question/doubt: This is regarding a sentence which I said to some shopping site for delayed shipping. I wanna know I had used the preposition "from" and adverb "until now" correctly or not in my sentence which I'm mentioning from second paragraph. So it's both a grammatical question and a grammar-confirm-doubt question
emotion-5.gif

Sentence : "So yours 24 hours haven't completed from/since 15th of March to until now(18th of March)"

Thanks

Last edited:

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
My question/doubt: This is regarding a sentence which I said to some shopping site for delayed shipping. I wanna know I had used the preposition "from" and adverb "until now" correctly or not in my sentence which I'm mentioning from second paragraph. So it's both a grammatical question and a grammar-confirm-doubt question
emotion-5.gif

Sentence : "So yours 24 hours haven't completed from/since 15th of March to until now(18th of March)"

Thanks
"So, your "24 hours" has lasted from the 15th of March until the 18th of March."

Mzungu39

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Slovenian
Home Country
Slovenia
Current Location
Slovenia
"So, your "24 hours" has lasted from the 15th of March until the 18th of March."

Why did you use the Present Perfect if the time is defined and finished?

Joe333

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
Sri Lanka
Current Location
Spain

Thanks for correcting it and telling me a new sentence.:) Would be glad if you have told the reason where my sentence is wrong.:) Where I'm erring, where I'm going wrong.

Thanks

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Thanks for correcting it and telling me a new sentence.:) Would be glad if you have told the reason where my sentence is wrong.:) Where I'm erring, where I'm going wrong.

Thanks
"So, yours "24 hours" haven't completed from/since 15th of March to until now(18th of March)"
If you delete the "s" and the "to", your original sentence is not too bad using "from". It's a bit awkward though.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.