Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Amharic
Home Country
Ethiopia
Current Location
United States
The most influential person in my life is my mother. She is a responsible, dependable, and patient woman who also enjoyed life and made others laugh. She treated everybody fairly and was a good teacher to the numerous ones who asked for her advice. She is a good mother, sister, aunt, friend and a good provider who has a passion for learning and for work.

She is a kind of person who has the strength of mountains, a kind of mother who has endless love and a kind of friend who has been unwavering throughout my life. Due to her extraordinary guidance, I came to understand the significance of perseverance and compassion. She has instilled in me the great importance of rising above and self-sacrifice.

My mother has taught me dedication through how she lives her life. I watched her meet life's challenges head on and overcome. For half of my life, my mother did not have someone else to share the burden of raising my brothers and sisters and me. My father killed when I was ten. Thus, the responsibility normally shared by two parents, she carried alone. Since my father's death, life has not allowed my mother to rest. Within months of my father's death, my mother decided to leave Ethiopia for United States, in escaping from political persecution, and sacrificing her life and comfort of home to seek greater education and social opportunities for her children. Life in a foreign country has not always been full of delight and opportunity. There existed a wall of economic hardship, language barrier, and acculturation.

My mother has never given up on anything- she has pushed aside her sorrow and grief in order to raise her children. She has been a fighter, a person of endurance. Amidst of difficult odds, I knew I could always go to my mother for comfort, advice, and support. When it came to her children, she tirelessly devoted time and energy.

My mother's enthusiasm for helping others has made a great impact on my life. The unconditional compassion she possesses, brought joy and education into lives of two children in Ethiopia. My mother is not affluent but she would share her last penny with others. Thus, I learned to always remember those who are less fortunate than me. Beneficially, my life has been changed by what my mother has shown me.

After all these years, I finally see what an amazing influence my mother has been on my life. In the ugliest of places, she has shown me beauty. In desperate situations, she has shown me determination. She replaced fear with calm, resentment with understanding and anger with love. She is the lens that magnified my individuality and nevertheless, I am the product of my mother.

When thinking of those who are the most influential in our lives, we often look to those that are closest to us and for me that person has been and always will be my mother.

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
The most influential person in my life is my mother. She is a responsible, dependable, and patient woman who enjoys life and makes others laugh. She treats everybody fairly and is a good teacher to the numerous people who have asked for her advice. She is a good mother, sister, aunt, friend and a good provider who has a passion for learning and for work.
:)

Reactions: Tes

Tes

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Amharic
Home Country
Ethiopia
Current Location
United States
Thank you for your time. If you have time please continue to correct my essay .
Sincerely,
Tes

RonBee

Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
She is durable. She has the strenghth of a mountain. She is a mother who has endless love. She has been a friend to me all throughout my life.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.