Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Sirs/Madam,

I am preparing my research paper on teaching English to young learners through TPR method. Would you please help me provide some sources that I could not find here. I have been trying hard to search through the net; unfortunately, I did not get them. The sources that I quoted are :

Asher, J. J. (1965). The strategy of the total physical response--an application to learning Russian. ERIC ED011378

Asher, J. J. (1966). The learning strategy of the total physical response: a review. The Modern Language Journal, 50 (2), 79-84.

Asher, J. J. (1969). The total physical response approach to second language learning. The Modern Language Journal, 53 (1), 3-17.

Asher, J. J. (1969). The total physical response technique of learning. Journal of Special Education, 3 (3), 253-62.

Asher, J. J. (1981). Fear of foreign language. Psychology Today, August, 52-59.

Kunihira, S., & J. Asher. (1965). The strategy of the total physical response: An application to learning Japanese. International Review of Applied Linguistics 3:277-289.

Looking forward to your favorable response.

Thanks so much.
- sio

Last edited:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Quite a few of them are in Google Scholar.

sio

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Sirs/Madam,

Thanks for your feedback. Most of the journals can be accessed if I subscribe, the fee is very expensive. I am still hoping from this forum.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
They are copyright texts and subscription is a legal way to access them. I am afraid that if you cannot access them from a library or purchase them, we cannot help. Any download of copyright materials on free sites could breach the laws, which are strictly enforced in countries like the UK, where the site is registered and hosted, and any such links that are posted will be deleted.

Reactions: sio
Status
Not open for further replies.