need help plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephy TSE

Member Type
English Teacher
hi all,I am a new teacher teaching English writing and I find it is difficult to explain gramma rules and arouse students' interest to write. Is anybody interested in discussing about this???? It would be so kind of you to share your experience here or contact me by e-mail........Thanks.....

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi all. I am a new teacher, teaching English writing and I find it is difficult to explain grammar rules and arouse students' interest in writing. Is anybody interested in discussing [STRIKE]about[/STRIKE] this???? It would be so kind of you to share your experience here or contact me by e-mail........Thanks.....

Sadly, getting students interested in grammar is a problem that all teachers face. It's not an exciting subject and it can cause misery and confusion for everyone! That is not to say that it's impossible, just difficult. If your students are not interested in writing already, then you may find it hard to change that. I have exactly the same problem!

On a slightly different note, and please don't take this as a personal insult, but if you are teaching English writing, then I am a little surprised by the errors in your own message (which I have corrected and coloured red).

One of the biggest problems I have encountered while teaching in Spain has been the fact that, up until now, English has been taught in schools by Spaniards. Learning a language from a non-native speaker is fraught with problems and leads to the students picking up bad habits in every area. These problems become ingrained and can be very difficult to correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.