In Dire Need of Ideas for Conversational Business Classes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

violetablanca

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Argentina
Hello!

I am privately tutoring a few adult business students, who are more or less between intermediate through advanced in their levels of proficiency. These classes are all one-on-one situations, no other students. Almost all of them want to focus essentially on conversation/speaking abilities and listening comprehension, and nothing more (i.e.- no writing or reading activities, no fill-in-the-blank type grammar exercises, very little focus on "traditional" grammar, etc.).

I am starting to run out of ideas, because I feel as though I am reinventing the wheel every class that I have with these students! A main problem of mine is that I am not very knowledgeable in general about the business world, but I don't want to waste their time with something irrelevant to their jobs (for example, bankers, economists, engineers, people who work for software companies, etc).

I wanted to know if anyone out there, based on the information that I have given, has any sort of ideas or resources that they use for students like these?

Many thanks for reading!
-L

Status
Not open for further replies.