• Native Language:
      • Vietnamese
      • Home Country:
      • Vietnam
      • Current Location:
      • Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Default please kindly correct my essay and give me some suggestions

Topic: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
    Only people who earn a lot of money are successful

In our modern life, there are lots of successful people such as rich businessmen, famous layers and good doctors. However, they do not necessarily earn a lot of money to be considered as successful ones. And from my perspective, I believe that the opinions of whether a person is successful or not depend on people’s senses and their views.

It can be argued that a billionaire is very successful because he has lots of money. He can be admired for his great success in business. He can be rich in materials but poor in soul. He may be lonely for having no one beside. Thus, it is the aspect we talk about that decides a man to be successful or not.

Success sometimes does not show whether a man is rich or not but shows how he is satisfied with his achievements. A farmer harvests a full crops, a teacher helps his students pass the exam, a father manages to bring up his sons. All of them can be considered as very successful in their life. And they are happy to gain their achievements. Success can come from the smallest things in our life.

There are lots of people becoming successful and famous before having a great deal of money. We can take Maxim Gorky, a great writer for example. He was born in a very poor family. However, by working hard and study intensely, he became famous for his writings. He then successfully worked as head of the Writer's Union.

It is undeniable that rich people can have more opportunities to develop their talents and improve their knowledge to become successful ones. However, if they do not grasp chances, they may not know what to do with their money. Otherwise, the people with little money can try their best to get their goals. There are many poor students passing the highest scores in their exams, many poor businessmen starting their careers with blank hands and many inventors creating new things without money to invest.

In short, I totally disagree that only people who earn a lot of money are successful. Money only offers us a chance to succeed. It does not decide our success.
    Last edited by san2612; 30-Mar-2010 at 14:09.