Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    lillie Guest

Exclamation English teachers who are currently teaching please read this!

Would any English teachers out there be kind enough to share with me a good school they are currently teaching at and is currently looking for more English teachers?

I am wanting to find a fulltime teaching position for 6 months from 1st June 2005.

I have a bachelors degree, TESOL qualification and about 6 months of teaching experience whilst in Australia volunteering as an assistant teacher at a kindergarten. I was also an webdesign/HTML tutor for a yr when I was at university.

Thanks in advance.
    Your kindess would be greatly appreciated.

I'm sorry if I have violated the rules of this forum, however networking can be a powerful tool.
    Last edited by Tdol; 27-Apr-2005 at 21:11. Reason: email removed

Red5 is offline Webmaster, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: English teachers who are currently teaching please read this!

Which area are you looking for employment in?

A.Russell is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • New Zealand
      • Current Location:
      • Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

For a good full time teaching position, pay wise, you might try Taiwan or the Arab Emerites.

If you are not worried about the money, just about anywhere is good, because there mostly isn't a lot of money in English teaching :).

Japan used to be good, but these days a decent full time job over here is becoming a rarity. You could probably still snag a full time job with a scumbag chain eikaiwa, but you could earn more and have a better life just doing private lessons.

If you really aren't worried about money, then you can go and teach on a Pacific Island. They don't pay you, but you can live for free.

Australia and New Zealand are not good, as there are almost no fuilltime jobs and you will most likely end up on a seasonal part-time circuit. Full time TESOL jobs in Australasia don't pay so well as Asia either.

Europe is a beautiful place, but they have plenty of young English speaking ladies to snap up for English classes. Mostly more of a lifestyle than a job.

I don't know about North America, but everyone seems to be rich over there, so that might be a good bet.

I had a friend who taught in South America. He said that while the pay wasn't that great, he could afford to live in a nice house and have a servant. He also told me about being threatened with a knife on the bus and with a gun on another occasion. That was enough to put me off. He married quite a hottie over there, so it isn't without its attractions despite the danger.

I hear from people who have worked there that work in England involves long hours and low pay.

Of course, if you are a career teacher and really work at it, oppotunities will arise, however now is not a great time in the industry. Be aware also, that in some places, like New Zealand, you can be over qualified and they won't give you a job if you are too higher level (they'd have to pay you more, and they don't want that).

lillie Guest

I'm wanting to teach kindy or kids upto the age of 9/10. I'm not too worried which type of place/school I teach in, neither is location that great a problem, I've never taught in HK before and I'm quite flexible.

I've worked out for it to be worthwhile, I'll need a starting salary of
    $16 000HK per month (not too sure how feasible that is). Accom allowance would be a bonus.

I'm also available for private lessons as well if anyone know of families that are seeking a Chinese that can speak Cantonese who can teach their kids general English. If you know of such families, be greatly appreciated if you can please pass my number to them: 60940807.
    Thanks in advance.

jack frost Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lillie
    I'm wanting to teach kindy or kids upto the age of 9/10. I'm not too worried which type of place/school I teach in, neither is location that great a problem, I've never taught in HK before and I'm quite flexible.

I've worked out for it to be worthwhile, I'll need a starting salary of
    $16 000HK per month (not too sure how feasible that is). Accom allowance would be a bonus.

I'm also available for private lessons as well if anyone know of families that are seeking a Chinese that can speak Cantonese who can teach their kids general English. If you know of such families, be greatly appreciated if you can please pass my number to them: 60940807.
    Thanks in advance.

Tbh, if you think " I am wanting" is correct, you really shouldn`t be teaching English at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jack frost
    Tbh, if you think " I am wanting" is correct, you really shouldn`t be teaching English at all.

It's so funny

jack frost Guest

Quote Originally Posted by harrymick
    It's so funny

More like......scary, if you ask me! but I`m glad you enjoyed it.

lillie Guest

I dnt kno how old u r, but 4 u info i fink u ur not very up2date, there is no such thing as proper eng nowadays on da net!!!!!

jack frost Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lillie
    I dnt kno how old u r, but 4 u info i fink u ur not very up2date, there is no such thing as proper eng nowadays on da net!!!!!
    Correct version: I dnt no how old u r, but 4 ur info I fink u`r not vry up2date, there is no such thing as proper Eng nowadays on da net.

You need lessons, I`ve got a ten year old boy who would break his ass laughing at your mistakes. Proving you can attempt an sms text, does not qualify you to teach English. And for your information "proper English" is to be found on the net...............but I guess you have to know what it is to realize this.
    Last edited by jack frost; 05-Jun-2005 at 11:06.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: English teachers who are currently teaching please read this!

I really enjoyed all this conversation.

But I have to agree with Jack, teaching is a very sensible matter, and if you don't want to know your subject deeply and lovingly, its better or to refrain from teaching or, best at all, be willing to learn more each day.

So, please, if you find some incorrect expresions or words or something in my mails, check them and send them back. It will be good for me and for all the people who I work with.

Let's continue enjoying life and teaching!

MARICARMEN

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast