a letter to the head teacher

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyra

Member Type
English Teacher
im a teacher at a school,my children are in my school too, i need to write a letter to my head teacher and request her to give me some concession on the fee bills of my kids,i just need to know the right words....

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
im a teacher at a school,my children go to the same school i need to write a letter to my head teacher and request her to give me some concession on the fee bills of my kids,i just need to know the right words....

Please make an attempt at writing the letter yourself, post it here and we will be happy to comment or correct. :-D

tedtmc

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
im a teacher at a school,my children are in my school too, i need to write a letter to my head teacher and request her to give me some concession on the fee bills of my kids,i just need to know the right words....

Hi cyra
You seem to be capable of writing such a letter. Just do it and the teachers would be happy to polish it up for you.

You don't seem to like using the full-stop for your sentences, do you? :)

cyra

Member Type
English Teacher
Please make an attempt at writing the letter yourself, post it here and we will be happy to comment or correct. :-D
Respected Madam, With due veneration i would like to make a request,i have been teaching at Lahore Grammar School since 1st December 2009,both my children are students here. It is kindly requested that you grant me some concession on their fee bills. Thankingf you inadvance, kind regards syra syed
this is what i came up with...

cyra

Member Type
English Teacher
Hi cyra
You seem to be capable of writing such a letter. Just do it and the teachers would be happy to polish it up for you.

You don't seem to like using the full-stop for your sentences, do you? :)
what i wrote was in paragraphs,i think it came out a little different.I'll be carefull:cry:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Respected Madam, With due veneration i would like to make a request,i have been teaching at Lahore Grammar School since 1st December 2009,both my children are students here. It is kindly requested that you grant me some concession on their fee bills. Thankingf you inadvance, kind regards syra syed
this is what i came up with...

Dear Madam (or the principal's name)

I have been teaching at Lahore Grammar School since 1st December 2009 and both my children attend the school.

I would like to enquire if it would be possible for me to receive a concession on their school fees.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely

(Your name)

Note: I am not clear if the reason that you are asking for a concession is specifically because you are a teacher, or for some other reason. If it is because you are a teacher, then you may wish to use:

"As I am a member of staff at the school, I would like to enquire if it would be possible to receive a concession on their school fees."

tedtmc

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
not a teacher

Dear Ms xxxx

Request for Concession on Children's School Fees

i have been teaching at Lahore Grammar School since 1st December 2009. I have enrolled my two children in this school, knowing that they will be getting a good education here.

I was wondering whether, as a teaching staff of the school, I am entitled to any staff discount on children's school fees. So I would like to make the humble request here as it would help ease the financial burden on me to support my two children.

I would be most grateful if you would kindly consider my request.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

Syed

Some of the phrases that you used like 'respected madam', 'due veneration' sound don't sound natural to me. Then again, they may be accepted language/etiquette in your country.

Status
Not open for further replies.