Member Type
Other
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
Hi all, i saw a very long sentence which made me very uncomfortable to understand everything in.

here it is: As strong as Masseria was, however, there were still a number of feudal aspects to what would evolve into the Cosa Nostra, and on top of the traditional tensions that existed between Sicilians and Neapolitans, the organization was fragmented by those who grouped themselves according to the particular village or region in Sicily or southern Italy from which they had emigrated.

Would you please help me out?
thanks in advance

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi all, i saw a very long sentence which made me very uncomfortable to understand everything in.

here it is: As strong as Masseria was, however, there were still a number of feudal aspects to what would evolve into the Cosa Nostra, and on top of the traditional tensions that existed between Sicilians and Neapolitans, the organization was fragmented by those who grouped themselves according to the particular village or region in Sicily or southern Italy from which they had emigrated.

Would you please help me out?
thanks in advance

To me, the obvious place to divide this sentence would be after the words "Cosa Nostra". You can then dispense with the word "and", and start the next half with "On top of....."

Status
Not open for further replies.