Once upon a time, when the earth was not yet inhabited by people, virtues and vices like love, mercy, evil, hatred, envy, madness, sadness, happiness,…etc. lived together. They did nothing but rambling around until they got dead bored. One day, as a solution for that persisting problem, creativity suggested playing a game, and called it: “hide and seek”. Everyone liked the idea, most of all madness. “I’ll start, I’ll start,” cried madness, “I’ll close my eyes and start counting while you all hide quickly.” No sooner said than done, madness leaned against the wall, and started counting while all vices and virtues went for hiding.

Gentleness seated itself on the moon, treachery among a garbage heap, and passion amidst the clouds. While yearning dived into the bottom of earth, lying cried out, “I’ll hide myself underneath the rocks,” then headed for the bottom of a lake. “Seventy nine, eighty, eighty one…” madness went on. All vices and virtues have hidden by then except for love. Love was hesitant as usual, and therefore couldn’t decide where to hide. This is not surprising, though; for we know how difficult it is to hide love. Madness went on, “ninety five, ninety six, ninety seven…” and when it reached one hundred, love jumped into a bed of roses.

Finally, madness opened its eyes and yelled exultantly, “I’m coming, I’m coming.” Laziness was the first to be found, as it didn’t exert any effort to hide itself in the first place! Following was gentleness, and then lying came out of the lake breathless. Madness found them all, one after the other; all save for love. It was about to give up when envy approached it. “Love is hiding in the rose bed,” envy whispered into the ears of Madness.

Madness picked up a thorny branch, and started piercing into the rose bed madly. It didn’t stop until it heard a heart-rending sobbing. Love came out of the rose bed, hands over eyes, with blood dripping from in between its fingers. At that sight, madness cried in remorse, “Lord! What have I done? What can I do to compensate for causing you to lose eyesight? ” “You cannot bring my sight back,” love replied, “but there is one thing you can do for me. Be my guide.”

And from that day on, love wanders blind, lead by madness.

Any recommendations to polish up the story so that it would sound "pure" english would be highly appreciated.

Fragrant Regards,,,