Hello friends, please help me in checking my text that I wrote as a sample article for a website, but was not been accepted. Here it goes... I just wanted to know what my mistake is in the following text. Thanks in advance.
Five Things to Remember When Writing for Children
Writing for children has always been a great passion for me, as this leads you to the world of imagination, fantasies, magic and happiness all around you. Story books for children always seem to be colorful with big and stylish writing fonts. Not even children, adults too are greatly attracted by the size and color as well as the cover page of such a book. But, first of all, before writing anything for children, you must keep in mind the five things that would help you write anything for them.
- Walk in their shoes: For a moment, imagine yourself to be a child or what your childhood used to be. Imagine what every child feels and how he or she feels about the things around him or her. Children always correlate real things with some absurd or magical things. They usually fantasize things and like to live in the world of fantasies, magic, and fairylands. They also like humorous words that tickle their mind. They usually wonder some great heroic deeds that may occur in their real life too.
- Story, theme, style: Make yourself more imaginative with full of vigor and vitality. Children like dialogues rather than narratives. Always remember that your matter should have a proper story with moral themes and a happy ending. Better maintain a short and lively paragraph in your content. Do not make long descriptions, as children feel bore after reading them. Give short and vivid descriptions so that they can remember them often.
- Innovative and informative storyline: Come up with some innovative story that would broaden and boost a child’s tender mind. Your story should be such that would convey some information to a child. A child’s mind can easily pick up things and can remember them for long periods of time. So, fill up his mind with good and informative things.
- Be their friend: Decide first which age group you would like to consider before writing. As we all know that children with different age group have different likings. For example, children with 2-4 age groups like nature, toys, and animals. Children with 5-10 age groups like fairytales, magic, and fantasies. Teenagers like adventures, romance, and mysteries.
- Adhere to your purpose: What makes you think that you should write something for children. Make a point with what intention do you have before writing for them. Yes, the soul intention should be to entertain them to the fullest. Make your writing a super-hit and your readers will keep your writing at the topmost list when they think of reading something good.
It is not so easy to write anything for children. But yes, if you have already made up your mind to write for them, be a child first with a certain age group. Then, you start writing. All the best!