Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Punjabi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
IPL is just a business proposition but as an innovation to nuture the young talent.

IPL is just a business proposition which has been masked as an innovation to nuture young talent

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
IPL is just a business proposition but [STRIKE]as[/STRIKE] is actually an innovation to nurture young talent.

IPL is just a business proposition which has been [STRIKE]masked[/STRIKE] disguised as an innovation to nurture young talent

Your first sentence didn't really mean anything at all as it was written. However, see my amendments in red. Then they mean approximately the same thing.

new2grammar

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Punjabi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Your first sentence didn't really mean anything at all as it was written. However, see my amendments in red. Then they mean approximately the same thing.

but I have come across such wrting sytle in newspapers and magazine hence I was trying my hand to frame sentence on that line...

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
but I have come across such wrting sytle in newspapers and magazine hence I was trying my hand to frame sentence on that line...

The writing style in newspapers does not always follow regular grammatical rules, as they have limits on space and characters. Which specific area of your sentences are you referring to as the "writing style" that you had seen? To me, sentence 1 still doesn't make any sense as it was written.

tedtmc

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
IPL is just a business proposition but as an innovation to nuture the young talent.

IPL is just a business proposition which has been masked as an innovation to nuture young talent

The first sentence is not complete.
The second sentence is OK. 'Masked' sounds like some devious scheme.
'Portrayed' would sound better.
nuture - nurture

not a teacher

Status
Not open for further replies.