[Essay] UNDERGRADUATE TRANSFER ADMISSION ESSAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

uniqued

Member Type
Student or Learner
THIS IS AN ADMISSION ESSAY FOR A UNIVERSITY AND I WOULD APPRECIATE IF YOU COULD HELP ME CHECK FOR ERRORS. SENDING IT THIS WEEK.

QUESTION-
There may be personal information that you want considered as part of your admissions application. Write an essay describing that information. You might include exceptional hardships, challenges, or opportunities that have shaped or impacted your abilities or academic credentials, personal responsibilities, exceptional achievements or talents, educational goals, or ways in which you might contribute to an institution committed to creating a diverse learning environment.
ANSWER-
The feeling from losing someone so dear is one of the most painful. I will always remember the day my best friend had passed way. “There was a plane crash everyone died and it’s likely the plane Antonia boarded.” Antonia had been so happy just that morning as we left school for the Christmas holiday. She had boarded a plane that afternoon going to a different city. We went to elementary and middle school together and were both in the same high school. Today Antonia was gone in that deadly tragedy. I thought to myself about the pain her parents must be going through losing an only child. Everything felt abnormal to me that night. Life could be so cruel; Laying on my bed that night brought memories - - memories of how we had planned to be successful lawyers from the day we watched a particular TV program as little children. This may sound like a childish ideology, but from watching that TV program our great yearning to go to college and then law school started.

My best friend may be gone now and is unable to fulfill her dream and this has taught me something significant in life; Life is too short. As a young adult, it has made me understand that one’s life can be taken at anytime. While I still have the chance at life I will make sure I fulfill my heart desires and long time goal as best as I can. That heart desire and long time goal of mine is to be a lawyer and the first stage in the long process that awaits me is to acquire a degree through your fine institution.

Accomplishing my goal would not be easy but as I am a determined, focused and persistent individual I believe I would not give up. Over the years both in high school and my year in university and college when things get overwhelming for me I always think to myself “I have goal in life to complete”. There are day where I just want to stop reading but I think to myself without hard work you can never fulfill your dreams, people may let want you to let go and at times life may feel like it is impossible to make it but as the saying goes “no pain no gain.” Also responsibility plays a huge role in accomplishing goals. I remember when I was used to work at the law clinic at my ex university each time anyone was on duty you had to be responsible for the incoming calls and every other thing including advising clients which was a huge responsibility as we had to research on the advice to give clients. From this I learnt that without being responsible for thing you can never make it. I have chosen to study at your university because based on my researched I believe it is a diverse university and would be very flexible.

tedtmc

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
The feeling from losing someone so dear is one of the most painful. I will always remember the day my best friend [STRIKE]had [/STRIKE]passed way. “There was a plane crash everyone died and it’s likely that was the plane Antonia boarded.” Antonia had been so happy just that morning as we left school for the Christmas holidays. She [STRIKE]had[/STRIKE] boarded a plane that afternoon going to a different city. We went to elementary and middle school together and were both in the same high school. Today, Antonia was gone in that deadly tragedy. I thought to myself about the pain her parents must [STRIKE]be [/STRIKE] have been going through losing [STRIKE]an [/STRIKE] the only child. Everything felt abnormal to me that night. Life could be so cruel; laying on my bed that night brought memories - - memories of how we had planned to be successful lawyers from the days we watched a particular TV program as little children. This may sound like a childish [STRIKE]ideology [/STRIKE]idea, but from watching that TV program our great yearning to go to college and then law school started.

My best friend may be gone now and is unable to fulfill her dream and this has taught me something significant in life; Life is too short. As a young adult, it has made me understand that one’s life can be taken at anytime. While I still have the chance [STRIKE]at[/STRIKE] of life, I will make sure I fulfill my heart's desires and long-time goal as best as I can. That heart desire and long- time goal of mine is to be a lawyer and the first stage in the long process that awaits me is to acquire a degree through your fine institution.

Accomplishing my goal would not be easy but as I am a determined, focused and persistent individual. I believe I would not give up. Over the years, both in high school and my year in university and college when things [STRIKE]get[/STRIKE] got overwhelming for me, I always [STRIKE]think[/STRIKE] thought to myself “I have a goal in life to [STRIKE]complete[/STRIKE]achieve”. There [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] were days where I just wanted to stop reading but I [STRIKE]think[/STRIKE] thought to myself, without hard work you can never fulfill your dreams, people may want you to let go and at times[STRIKE]in life[/STRIKE] you may feel like it is impossible to make it but as the saying goes, “no pain no gain.” Also, a sense of responsibility plays a huge role in accomplishing goals. I remember [STRIKE]when[/STRIKE] I [STRIKE]was [/STRIKE]used to work at the law clinic at my ex university. Each time anyone was on duty, he had to be responsible for the incoming calls and every other thing including advising clients which was a huge responsibility as we had to research on the advice to give clients. From this, I learnt that, without being responsible for something you can never make it. I have chosen to study at your university [STRIKE]because[/STRIKE] based on my research[STRIKE]ed[/STRIKE] I believe it is a diverse university and would be very flexible.

Status
Not open for further replies.