[General] What language should I use if I'm going to host a meeting in a work environment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaoch

Member Type
Student or Learner
I'm going to host a meeting where my supervisor and I will give presentations to a group of experts from outside of our organisation.

I'm not sure what to say through out the meeting. This is the first meeting that I am going to host in a work environment. I understand I should say something like "Good afternoon everyone. I thank you very much for taking time to attend this Project Kick-off meeting...bla bla bla". However, I don't know what sentenses/phrases I should use to introduce my supervisor, to introduce myself, to say something to link different items on the agenda, to wrap up the meeting, to summarise the outcomes of the meeting.

Could anyone be so kind to give me tips? Thank you very much!

Abstract Idea

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Portuguese
Home Country
Brazil
Current Location
United States
----- I am not an ESL teacher anymore -----

I'm going to host a meeting where my supervisor and I will give presentations to a group of experts from outside of our organisation.

I'm not sure what to say through out the meeting. This is the first meeting that I am going to host in a work environment. I understand I should say something like "Good afternoon everyone. I thank you very much for taking time to attend this Project Kick-off meeting...bla bla bla". However, I don't know what sentenses/phrases I should use to introduce my supervisor, to introduce myself, to say something to link different items on the agenda, to wrap up the meeting, to summarise the outcomes of the meeting.

Could anyone be so kind to give me tips? Thank you very much!

Try to remember other meetings you have attended.
Don't say too much about yourself, just give your name, position and department/university. On the other hand, regarding your supervisor and whoever else you introduce, try to say many things, enhancing the qualities, fields of interest and recent work. Try to previously read a resumee from them
Say something like
"It is a pleasure for me to introduce you professor *** . As it is well know, professor *** has been working on .... for some years, has achieved such and such important results in the field of ... "

This is something that works only when you are there in front of everybody.
The only tip I can give you is to study the resumee of them and try to be as kind as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.