Other
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hi there,

Has anyone ever worked on "Landmark Advanced", by Oxford? I was just wondering what a supplementary reading course for this book would be? (I'm looking for an Advanced Reading Book (BrE)...)...Any suggestions? Many thanks...

Abstract Idea

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Portuguese
Home Country
Brazil
Current Location
United States
----- I am not an ESL teacher anymore -----

Hi there,

Has anyone ever worked on "Landmark Advanced", by Oxford? I was just wondering what a supplementary reading course for this book would be? (I'm looking for an Advanced Reading Book (BrE)...)...Any suggestions? Many thanks...

What exactly do you mean, a book with advanced level texts followed by comprehension exercises? Maybe with an audio CD accompanying?

I don't know a teaching book like this (neither have I worked with Landmark Advanced), but I recommend you to extract texts from "The General Book of Ignorance" ( https://www.usingenglish.com/forum/...at-book-have-you-read-recently-english-6.html ). The texts are short (you can work each of them in one or two classes) and are advanced, with many new words. Although I read the American version, the original one is from the UK.

If you want to work reading you may try an audio book. There are many classic texts recorded in audio in Internet (thinks like Moby-Dick, etc.). If you find an easy to get and free audio book on short stories, please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.