Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Tips for Traveling while you are pregnant

Traveling has never been any kind of hindrance to anybody. Yes, pregnant women do think a lot before planning to go anywhere and that requires traveling either by air, car, or by train. Before, orthodox doctors hesitate to allow any pregnant woman to travel from one place to another in any case whatsoever. But, as time flew fast and recently, there have been many such researches that say there would be no harm in traveling while you are pregnant. But still, you should consult your own gynecologist before planning to travel anywhere during pregnancy.

Apart from taking advice and consent from your own gynecologist, there are some very small but important tips that you should keep in mind while traveling at any stage of pregnancy. First of all, listen to your own body. Ask yourself whether traveling is necessary for you, if you are pregnant. If you so insist yourself to travel, then what are you waiting for? Go and start packing your own luggage!

As we start packing our luggage, food comes first in everybody’s mind. So, keep in mind that you have packed some home-prepared food for yourself just to make sure that you feel light, as ready-made or junk food will surely give you heaviness all the time while you travel. And yes, never forget to carry sufficient drinks especially fruit juice cans and water bottles along with you. In that way, you will never get dehydrated. Always avoid carrying any sort hot beverages like tea or coffee, as these may dehydrated you and you may even get in danger, especially if you are traveling alone.

Have you taken your medicine box with you? That is the most important thing you should keep in mind while traveling. Take all your necessary medicines that your gynecologist has prescribed for you. And for clothes, avoid taking tight-fitting or casual wear clothes. Instead, take some loose-fitted and comfortable clothes along with you so that you will never get uncomfortable while traveling. Avoid wearing high-heeled shoes when you are traveling. Instead, wear shoes that will comfort you.

Last but not the least, you should relax while traveling. You should not travel in tensed or disturbed mind. Rather, take some interesting magazines or novel with you to read them while traveling. You can even take your walkman or iPod along with you and in this way, you will never get bored.

sanchyeta

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Hello Gillnetter,

Many many thanks for suggesting and correcting my short article. In this article, I have just pointed out the most general precautions any pregnant woman should take. I think the numbers that have been pointed by you is to hint that only pregnant women are taken into consideration, so why should I be refering to everybody or anybody in this article. Is that so? If yes, then I have made this mistake and in future I will be more careful about this while writing any other article.

Thanks once again and regards. :)

Last edited:

sanchyeta

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Thanks Gillnetter for the reply. I will remember each of your suggestions while writing any article in future. I am very grateful to be in this website and receiving such wonderful guidelines. I am really learning a lot from you all. Thanks once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.