mustanghmt is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

need Proofreading to my Motivation letter

I would like to thank people who established this forum before I post my letter and appreciate the teachers help, I saw other people posts and teachers replay....it is great ....honestly thank you.

I wrote my motivation letter and i am in short in time ,need Proofreading I really need to send it on saturday,

here it is :

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Ahmed Al Zaher, I was born and raised in small beautiful town called Qatif which is located by the sea on the East area of Saudi Arabia. My personal interests cover hobbies like swimming, jogging, soccer, fishing and farming. Fishing and farming were common jobs in my town. My father was working in an oil company and we had a farm. I used to help my father in the farm and we used to fish sometimes. With my love to work in farm, however, I always dreamed in becoming a scientist. The image of how I would be working and doing research in laboratory to do something that will make a huge different and improve human health has always been in my head. Science has always been a fascination and more of a miracle to me from my childhood. The dream grows as I grow with great ambition.

After high school I took veterinary diploma to satisfy my passion of farming hobby by acknowledging taking care of farm animals. When I finished, I went to Canada to learn English and experience the life abroad. Then I came to Jordan to join the Medical Technology program at Alahliyya Amman University.

I born with Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase deficiency, which is very common in my area, that makes me interested in Hematology. My interest in Hematology was initiated by reading in this field about it and other hereditary diseases that are common in Saudi Arabia. When I finished my diploma, I was keen to continue my academic pursuit to turn out my interests and curiosities into realities. But I wanted to be open on other fields like Molecular Genetics, Microbiology and immunology too. That was why I chose Medical Laboratory Science field. This major has become a predominantly sought field by ambitious students with professional aspirations. My plans for my career have set this major at the top of my priorities. I am hopeful that I will be able to meet its requirements and fulfill my dreams. Saudi Arabia is a developing country that needs professionals in this area of study and I hope I will be one of those who contribute to filling that professional gap in the Saudi work market.

I am doing my training now and I will be graduated by the end of June. The training of my bachelor degree is twenty credits divided in two semesters. The training covers most of the medical analysis fields like Hematology, Microbiology, Immunology, Chemistry, Endocrinology, Histology and Routine analysis. It includes also Quality control and Management besides lectures on safety and solving problems of lab errors. The training is running by MedLabs Consultancy Group which is one of the top labs service providers in Jordan.

As I am convinced that culture should be a bright spot in people's everyday life, I would like to have experience in Spanish environment to gain knowledge of the life style. I had been in Canada for a year and half and experienced its culture and improved my English. Applying to Pompeu Fabra University with its high qualification of education is a great opportunity to do my master degree which will also give me a chance to access Spain culture.

I appreciate this opportunity to provide further background information in support of my application for entrance to the Medical Laboratory Science maser program. I strongly believe that both my educational background and deep concern in this field of study make me a very good candidate for the program.

Thank you for considering my application.

Sincerely,
    Ahmed Al Zaher

5/5/2010

Thank you in Advance
    Last edited by mustanghmt; 06-May-2010 at 20:57. Reason: spacing