Thread: Fce

• Post Thanks / Like

Fce

Hello my name is Bota tamara and i will have the PET exame in 3rd of june. I would like to ask you wich is the best book for learning english for FCE exam. After I will take the PET exam I would like in short time to try for FCE.
    Could you recomand me please a on-line english course as well?

Many thanks
    Tamara fron Roumania

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fce

There are many- you will need to be very familiar with the exam and its tricks and traps, so try some exam papers. If you want a coursebook, there are many. I quite enjoyed using Masterclass, though there are many others, all doing much the same, like Focus, etc. On-line courses- if you don't want to pay, there's free stuff, but not in a sinlge place- try floe-joe, try here for practice.

A word of warning: before purchasing any online course, check the site out very carefully- there are a lot of dreadful sites just out to rip you off. Be very suspicious of any site offering ebooks saying things like 'how to ace the FCE'- these are generally cowboy sites set up by site generating programs and the products they sell are rubbish. Make sure it's a serious site before parting with any money. Anyway, if you look around, you should find plenty of free stuff. Start with the UCLES website and othe info about the board. Do the advanced tests and quizzes here. Check out free sites here and here.

Good luck.