Could you correct my writing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlch

Member Type
Student or Learner
Hi
I wrote a text about my impression in my english class in spain... Could you check the mistake, please? Thanks a lot, have a nice day.

My impression about the English lessons

I took an interest in learning the English language since I’m travelling in Europe. Nowadays, it’s really essential to speak fluent English for getting into conversation with foreign people. To make oneself understood, the best way is to speak as well as possible and it’s that why I chose to attend English lessons in my Erasmus semester.

About the English lessons, I’m generally satisfied with your study program which was varied and completed. I liked the different activities proposed such as listening, speaking, doing exercises and working in team groups. Every Friday, I found the time in class spent fast. The writing tests and the oral presentation have been well chosen to evaluate our English level along the semester.

In France, I was already studying English business and the themes from Marketing Leader were perfectly adapted to my expectation. Furthermore, studying with the international students has been a very enriching experience. I’m convinced that I have continued to improve my knowledge and my open-mindless.

One thing sure, I rather preferred study English language in Spain than in France. The atmosphere seemed to me more friendly and pleasant but also because we weren’t a lot in the group.

I think that the future students will appreciate this semester and I can’t tell what you could improve. Maybe, I can suggest you to show an English movie about international trade or a newsreel with the VO subtitles. Then, it could be interesting to create a debate between the students or to give some homework about it.

stanislaw.masny

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Hi amlch
Whether 'VO' means 'version original'?
Thanks

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Shouldn't that be OV then?

bertietheblue

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
'VO [version originale] subtitles' means that the movie is not dubbed, so 'with subtitles' or 'with French subtitles' or 'with subtitles in your language', as appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.