[Essay] Please comment on it. IELTS essay

Status
Not open for further replies.

rashidjon

Member Type
Student or Learner
Some people think that politicians and scientists have the greatest influence on the worl, others disagree/ Discuss both views and state your own opinion.

We live in a world where politics and science play very important role. While politics define, advocate and regulate laws, governing bodies and relationship between counrties, the science has brought many astonishing changes to our life. Having said that, I would support the view that nowadays politicians and scientists have the greatest influence on our world.

First of all, I would like to start with politics. Recently all media outlets reported about economic crisis in Greece which is the member of EU. Debt striken Greece was on the verge of declaring its bancrupcy and economic crisis negatively affected euro zone currency, which in turn lead to the speculation that other EU members like Portugal and Spain could find themselves in a very difficult situation. Greek government needed urgent financial aid and EU leading politicians came to the stage. After a week of intence negotiations the politicians agreed not only to help to Greece but also to set up a special fund to safeguard EU economy. On my opinion, all credit should go to the european politicians who in a short time evaluated the real threat and took preventive measures.

Second of all, scientists do not appear very often on the news like politicians do, but they also contribute a lot to our life and still continue to have influence on the world. Thanks to the scientists like Sir Alexander Fleming, Einstein, Nobel, Newton and many others today we can cure many diseases, travel to the universe or in our daily life enjoy the use of new technologies. The scientific discoveries made our modern life more convenient, diverse and full of joy.

Last but not least, since we face many issues like global warming, frozen conflicts and many others I believe that politicians and scientists will do their best to solve this problems. In sum, I hope that in the future politicians and scientists would make decisions and discoveries for the benefit of people all over around the globe and continue to have a positive influence on our fragile world.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Some people think that politicians and scientists have the greatest influence on the worl, others disagree/ Discuss both views and state your own opinion.

We live in a world where politics and science play very important roles. While politics define, advocate and regulate laws, governing bodies and relationships (or the relationship) between countries, [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] science has brought many astonishing changes to our [STRIKE]life[/STRIKE] lives. Having said that, I would support the view that nowadays politicians and scientists have the greatest influence on our world.

First [STRIKE]of al[/STRIKE][STRIKE]l[/STRIKE], I would like to start with politics. Recently, all media outlets reported [STRIKE]about[/STRIKE] on the economic crisis in Greece, which is [STRIKE]the [/STRIKE] a member of EU. Debt-stricken Greece was on the verge of declaring [STRIKE]its[/STRIKE] bancruptcy and the economic crisis negatively affected the euro zone currency, which in turn [STRIKE]lead[/STRIKE] led to [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] speculation that other EU members, such as Portugal and Spain, could find themselves in a very difficult situation. The Greek government needed urgent financial aid and [STRIKE]EU[/STRIKE] leading EU politicians came to the stage. After a week of intense negotiation(s), the politicians agreed not only to help [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] Greece but also to set up a special fund to safeguard the EU economy. [STRIKE]On[/STRIKE] In my opinion, all credit should go to the European politicians who, in a short time, evaluated the real threat and took preventative measures.

Secondly [STRIKE]of al[/STRIKE][STRIKE]l[/STRIKE], scientists do not appear on the news very often [STRIKE]on the news[/STRIKE] like politicians do, but they [STRIKE]also [/STRIKE] do contribute a lot to our lives and [STRIKE]still[/STRIKE] continue to have an influence on the world. Thanks to [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] scientists like Sir Alexander Fleming, Einstein, Nobel, Newton and many others, today we can cure many diseases, travel [STRIKE]to the universe[/STRIKE] in space [STRIKE]or[/STRIKE] and [STRIKE]in our daily life[/STRIKE] enjoy the use of new technologies in our daily lives. [STRIKE]The [/STRIKE]Scientific discoveries have made [STRIKE]our [/STRIKE]modern life more convenient, diverse and full of joy.

Last but not least, since we face many issues like global warming, frozen conflicts (I don't know what you mean by this) and many others, I believe that politicians and scientists will do their best to solve [STRIKE]this[/STRIKE] these problems. [STRIKE]In sum[/STRIKE]In conclusion/To sum up, I hope that in the future politicians and scientists [STRIKE]would[/STRIKE] will make decisions and discoveries for the benefit of people all [STRIKE]over[/STRIKE] around the globe and continue to have a positive influence on our fragile world.

See above.

euncu

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
Status
Not open for further replies.