• Native Language:
      • Bengali; Bangla
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Correct my writing and rate it

I wrote this. Please have a look at it and make correction wherever needed. And don't forget to express your views as how how you like my writing. If possible give marks out of 10.

Twitter is among the buzz. It’s, beyond any doubt, topping the lists of social networking sites during these days. Unlike Orkut and Facebook it’s not among those conventional social networking site that we used to come across. Here there are only 140 characters to express your views in a single tweet. That’s all.
    To fits one’s tweet in 140 characters users had to put aside conventional Grammatical rules and correct spelling. They sometimes end up birthing some new words like “breaky” or “breakfasy” to mean “breakfast”; they also use chat lingo too much here. And they are least bothered about Grammar. There prime objective is to fits their tweets in 140 characters and express their views.
    But recently the scenario has changed a little bit. A number of programmers have emerged out on twitter to policing other people’s tweet; they sniff out Twitter message that are distasteful to them – tweets with typos or flawed Grammar, or written in all caps – and then sends out scolding notes to the offenders. They structured some behavioural code in Twitter and call it Twetiquette.

billmcd is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Correct my writing and rate it

A few suggestions:
    Twitter is among the current buzz. It’s, beyond any doubt, topping the lists of social networking sites during these days. Unlike Orkut and Facebook it’s not among those conventional social networking sites that we used to have come across. Here there are Twitter allows only 140 characters to express your views in a single "tweet". That’s all.
    To fits one’s tweet in 140 characters users hadhave to put aside conventional grammatical rules and correct spelling. They sometimes end up birthingcreating some new words like “breaky” or “breakfasy” to mean “breakfast”; they also use too much chat lingo too much here. And they are least bothered worried about grammar. ThereTheir prime objective is to fits their tweets in 140 characters or less and express their views.
    But recently the scenario has changed a little bit. A number of programmers have emerged out on Twitter to policingpolice other people’s tweet; they sniff out Twitter messages that are distasteful to them – tweets with typos or flawed grammar, or written in all caps – and then sends out scolding notes to the offenders. They have structured some behavioural code in Twitter and call it Twetiquette.
    Last edited by billmcd; 20-May-2010 at 17:01. Reason: typo

Adam Cruge is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Bengali; Bangla
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your help. How much marks would you give out of 10 for it.

billmcd is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like