Unregistered Guest

Post Letter to the Principal

There was a situation at my school with a counselor that me and my friends got into. I have to write a letter to my principal and was wondering if any one could give me advice on what to write.

This is what I have so far:

Mrs. XXXX

I am sorry for any part that I took in the situation. I know we shouldn't have been yelling anything in the first place. But I should have never been saying anything either with them. If you can please tell the counselor that I am sorry for any misunderstanding, I would really appreciate it.
    I would like to sincerely apologise for my actions on [date]. I did not mean to cause offence (or upset anyone) and I regret that my actions had such an effect. I apologise and can assure you that nothing similar will happen again. What I did was wrong and I should have just walked away when everything started.

I would really appreicate it if any one could give me advice on anything else I could write.

Thanks so much in advance.

emsr2d2 is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Letter to the Principal

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    There was a situation at my school with a counselor that me and my friends got into. I have to write a letter to my principal and was wondering if any one could give me advice on what to write.

This is what I have so far:

Dear Mrs XXXX

With regard to the situation which occured on [date], I am sorry for any my part that I took in the situation in it. It is unfortunate that anyone should I know we shouldn't have been yelling anything in the first place, but I should not have never been saying anything either with to them (who? specify).

I would like to sincerely apologise for my actions on [date]. I did not mean to cause offence (or upset anyone) and I regret that my actions had such an effect. I apologise and can assure you that nothing similar will happen again.

What I did was wrong and I should have just walked away when everything started.

I would very much appreciate it if you can would please tell the counselor that I am sorry for any misunderstanding. I would really appreciate it.

Yours

Etc Etc

I would really appreicate it if any one could give me advice on anything else I could write.

Thanks so much in advance.
    Please see above. I have made some amendments and also changed the order of the paragraphs a little.

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Letter to the Principal

Dear Unreg:
    emsrt2d2 has improved your English, but it is sincerity that counts the most in this and similar situations.