methods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ransirini

Member Type
English Teacher
What are the latest trends( latest methodology) in teaching English as a second Language?

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Rather than adhering to a single methodology, many prefer nowadays to pick and mix, taking techniques and ideas from a number of different methods and approaches.

jamaladeen

Member Type
Academic
the used method in teaching english is simple it's the direct method , sometimes some teachers used a reaction method
but the problem is the acceptable of student how we can find a solution for that ?????
please how

thank uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

daniel05

Member Type
Student or Learner
Hi All
There are many ways to learn english, one method is to learn the vocabulary and after that we need make the sentences by using vocabulary

Discover the hidden source of targeted traffic that unearths eager buying customers, drives them straight to your site, and literally explodes your profits almost overnight at just simple click unique article wizard.

francis 7

Member Type
Student or Learner
Hi!
As Tdol said, the lastest trend is that there's no lastest methodology trend. you mix different approaches and techniques and adapt them for your students' particular reality.

joemayerich

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
Thailand
Mixing and matching methods work best. Teaching is a two way street though, and just because you are teaching, does not always mean they are learning.

sm.nhaque

Member Type
Student or Learner
I need some ways to improve my listening and speaking skills. Please show me.

tahakhonb

Member Type
English Teacher
your viewpoint has just been atracted to my way of thinking and i sincerly request for your help if it would be possible for you to tell me more about how to be convinced that what has been taught has surely been learned

Marley2

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Europe
I would also agree that a mixed approach is ideal when considering all the various types of learners out there. However, one question I would ask Ransirini is, "are you thinking in terms of teaching a few individuals on a one-off basis or are you looking for something to use at a school?". A mixed approach tailored to each individual's needs would be very time-consuming and difficult to apply if used in a school. And, if you have multiple teachers it would be near impossible to guarantee standards from lesson to lesson, month to month or year to year.

The school I work at uses a method which does just that. Of course there is no ‘magic’ method which works for everyone – but our students are informed and approve of how it works before they start, and it’s generated success not only for our two schools here but another dozen schools in various countries which have adopted the method for their own school.

Calling it a direct or structuralist method are not really accurate descriptions, but it is instead something that would be called a SIM – Structured Interaction Method and might be placed under the wide umbrella of the communicative approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.