Definition of ''Combined Shop''

Status
Not open for further replies.

merry 07

Member Type
Student or Learner
Hey guys,
Got a question for the definition of ''combined shop'' and if the term is usable in the sentence that means as below.

- I have a plan for opening a shop in a big city, which will hold separate spaces both for kids and pet dogs since I like peg dogs and kids as well.

So I like to open a combined shop serving both as a cafe for kids and a pet shop.

In above case like providing separate spaces for kids and for pet dogs at one shop, can i describe this shop as a ''combined shop'' ?

I will really appreciate if you will give me confirmation on this.

Thanks in advance.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hey guys,
Got a question for the definition of ''combined shop'' and if the term is usable in the sentence that means as below.

- I have a plan for opening a shop in a big city, which will hold separate spaces both for kids and pet dogs since I like peg dogs and kids as well.

So I like to open a combined shop serving both as a cafe for kids and a pet shop.

In above case like providing separate spaces for kids and for pet dogs at one shop, can i describe this shop as a ''combined shop'' ?

I will really appreciate if you will give me confirmation on this.

Thanks in advance.

To me "combined shop" makes it sound as if it is a shop combined with something else.

I would call it a "dual-function shop", a "multi-purpose shop" or even just a "kids/dogs shop"!

It could be described as a "combination kids' cafe and pet shop", but I don't think you can simply shorten that to "combination shop". Usually when a shop sells/provides 2 similar or unrelated items or services, those services are mentioned when describing the shop.

"I'm going to the kitchen/bathroom furniture shop."
"He's popping down to the little food and alcohol shop on the corner."

Status
Not open for further replies.