use of noted

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotspicy

Member Type
Student or Learner
Please correct these sentences and please help me make them much clearer at advance level:
1) She said ,"She dint know you well that time."
2) I paid the round off amont (eg.out of £150 I paid round off amount of £100.
3) You noted the refrence number (I the word used noted correct and can any alternative word be used)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Please correct these sentences and please help me make them much clearer at advance level:

1) She said, "She didn't know you well at that time."
I'm not sure if this is an actual quote or meant to be reported speech. If the actual words that came out of "her" mouth were "She didn't know you well at that time", then it should say:
She said "She didn't know you well at that time".
Alternatives, depending on context, would be:
She said "I didn't know you well at that time".
She said she didn't know you well at that time.

2) I paid the round off amount (eg.out of £150 I paid round off amount of £100.)
I don't know what you mean by this. The bill was £150 and you paid £100? Someone had already paid £50 and you paid the remaining £100? More information required.

3) You noted the reference number. (Is the word [STRIKE]used[/STRIKE] noted correct and can any alternative word be used?)
This is OK. You could say "You made a note of the reference number."

See above.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
In the second sentence I mean I have paid £100 and i want to pay remaning £50 later

Then I would say "I have paid a deposit of £100. I still owe £50 which will be paid at a later date".

Status
Not open for further replies.