May I have my essay corrected? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

english-learner123

Member Type
Student or Learner
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Printed books have greater effects on society than television has

Since TV has had a great influence on our life, there are a lot of debates over the role of printed books. Some believe TV has more weighty impact on societies in compare to books. When this comes to me, I definitely beg to differ. In other words, I strongly agree with the statement that printed books have greater effects on society than television has. I will discuss the reasons below to back up my point of view.

In the firs place, it is printed books, not TV are critical material to teach students at schools. Whether a society develop is actually shown by its educational status and books have important role in elucidating process. In fact, there is no societies in which, schools teach theirs children through exclusively or more TV programs than printed books. As a result, books must be more influential on society than television.

In the second place, printed books plays an important role in building the most essential skill for everyone to be successful- the skill of reading. No one can doubt the fact that, reading is integral part in our working life. One who master reading skill is more likely to get a better job than one who do not. Also, a society in which people like reading books are more potential to be wealthy. So, books and the skill of grasping them obviously provide more impetus for a society to be well-to-do.

Last but no least, printed books remains offer more intellect knowledge then television. Even though one can learn a lot from programs on TV, its main function is still to provide entertainment. Since knowledge is kernel underpinning for development, books and their value better encourage authors like scientists, philosophers, creative writers contribute their works more for the progress of a society.

In sum, TV is very important to our life. Nevertheless, when we compare it with printed books, we can see the weighty effects that books have over TV because books are principal medium for education, mater reading skill make an individual more valuable and the value of books inspire intellects to devote themselves to the development of societies.

Hopefully, I can get help from somebody. thanks so much:)

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Printed books have greater effects on society than television has

Since TV has had a great influence on our lives,
[your life, my life, our lives]
there are a lot of debates over the role of printed books. Some believe TV has a more weighty impact on society in comparison to books. [STRIKE]When this comes to me,[/STRIKE][STRIKE] I definitely beg to differ.[/STRIKE]
I strongly disagree.
[You are being asked your opinion, so you don't have to beg to differ]
In other words, I strongly agree with the statement that printed books have a greater effect on society than television has. I will discuss the reasons below to back up my point of view.

In the first place, it is printed books, not TV, that are critical material to teach students at schools. Whether a society develops is actually shown by its educational status, and books have an important role in elucidating process [?] In fact, there are no societies in which schools teach their children through exclusively or more TV programs than printed books. [Maybe, but Western English lessons are going that way, including film, etc.]
As a result, books must be more influential on society than television.
[That's not a logical argument, unless you're asserting that school lessons have more influence on the development of society than anything else]

In the second place, printed books plays an important role in building the most essential skill for everyone to be successful - the skill of reading. No one can doubt the fact that reading is an integral part in our working life. One who masters reading skill is more likely to get a better job than one who does not. Also, a society in which people like reading books [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] has more potential to be wealthy. So, books and the skill of [STRIKE]grasping[/STRIKE] understanding them obviously provide more impetus for a society to be well-to-do.

Finally [STRIKE]but no least[/STRIKE], printed books [STRIKE]remain[/STRIKE] offer more intellectual knowledge then television. Even though one can learn a lot from programs on TV, its main function is still to provide entertainment. Since knowledge is the kernel underpinning [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] development, books and their value better encourage authors like scientists, philosophers, creative writers to contribute their works more for the progress of a society.

In sum, TV is very important to our life. Nevertheless, when we compare it with printed books, we can see the weighty effects that books have over TV because books are the principal medium for education, mater[?] reading skill make an individual more valuable and the value of books inspire intellectuals to devote themselves to the development of society.

Hopefully, I can get help from somebody. thanks so much:)
R.

english-learner123

Member Type
Student or Learner
Oh, my god, I do not know I made mistakes that much. :cry:
Your comment is so helpful. I really appreciate that. :-D
I truly need more practice. :-(
thanks again. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.